Lounge
 Custom desk plans
Author Topic  
emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2003 :  08:47:25
Hey all

If you saw the thread where I said I had plans for making a desk, here's the goods.

The plans are not finished, but there are good enough to start looking at. They are in Macdraft format. Macdraft can be found at:

http://www.multimac.ch/download/applications/MacDraft/

I stuffed the files with suffit 3.0 and they can be found at:

http://homepage.mac.com/ftdvec/68kmla/FileSharing4.html

As I will be building a fence and finishing a dog house this weekend, I thought I'd stick up what I had finished so everyone could look. Feedback is welcomed. If a detail is missing, that is because it is in my head still. Please wait for me to say the plans are complete before saying that a detail is missing. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

These drawings were made on a Classic mac running system 6.0.8. Despite having a much newer, bigger system next to it, I found that the classic mac ran the software better. I'd like a bigger screen, but the Classic worked very well.

I will be posting pictures of the completed desk when I finish it. As I am building it from scrap wood, (pallets) I first have to recover the wood, work it into something useful, and then cut it up for the desk. Right now I have 4' x 1' x 2" of the top made from pallet planks turned on edge and glued up and all four legs, again built up from pieces of pallet. It takes a while, but the wood is free and the desk will be solid.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2003 :  12:59:45
I downloaded MacDraft and I'll have to run it on the 7300 or something... it doesn't like my TiBook and OSX

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2003 :  14:13:20
quote:

I downloaded MacDraft and I'll have to run it on the 7300 or something... it doesn't like my TiBook and OSX

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide

It may be a MacOS version issue. I know it runs on 6 not sure about 7. No test on 8. It hates 9 and 10. vmac and MacOS 6 runs it fine on 10.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 25 May 2003 :  13:40:20
Here an update on the Junk to Desk project.

I've got a bunch of changes and updates to the plans. I'll be posting those soon. I've got the sides done, about 1/3 of the top. I spent this morning making drawers for floppy disks. The basic drawer is 8.5" wide and 18" long and holds over 240 disks. I'll be making cd drawers next.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.