COOOL!~!!!!

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  22:42:20
iTunes 4 is cool and all, but the feature I like the most is Music Sharing. If you look around, you can connect to people's music lists outside your IP subnet. Just make sure you have the "Look for shared music" checkbox on in your Preferences, and connect to the other person's IP address.

Even better: If you have a fast enough internet connection, list your IP and music type here so others can listen to the cool songs you have.

IP: 24.186.33.111
Genre: Trance, Techno, Drum & Bass, some Rock

------------------
Captain Z - Mobile Operations Commander
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

31 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV StuffGo to Top of Page

oldmacman

USA
713 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  05:06:57
The selection of jazz and classical is horrific. Their Wes Montgomery selection includes neither Incredible Jazz Guitar nor Full House, and their Cannonball Adderley collection is equally bad. I won't be using this service until they have a much broader selection of tracks, i.e. ones that would be hard to find or out of print on CD.

Official 68kMLA Music and NeXT Expert
Macs Liberated: SE (2), LC, IIsi, PB 145b, Quadra 700 (2), LC 575, 6100 (2), PB 5300, PowerMac 5400/200, Performa 6400/180
PCs liberated from Windoze: 3Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  06:00:59
I guess that that is a concern... the whole "not enough music" thing... I found a few of my favorite artists... but I don't like how their 'world' cataggory only reaches to mexico and... maybe africa.... "world" includes germany, france, australia, russia, china, and many other places each with unique styles of music.

Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  06:47:05
For what it is worth...

No music service is perfect. I have the fewest objections with this one, and the interface with itunes is great! I've already looked for several items I couldn't find, but that is just like any store. This store has an easy to find place to make requests. I've been buying books from audible.com for a year, and now I have a place to buy music. I like it.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  20:12:37
I'd say that if I had money that I wasn't saving for a projector and cart, I'd use the service but it still doesn't have some of the stuff I like. Keep in mind the service is less than 48 hours old.

Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

Squibix
Starting Member

45 Posts
Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  08:53:59
quote:
I won't be using this service until they have a much broader selection of tracks...

The nice thing about it, though, is that you don't have to sign up or anything. So if you want a song you can just search for it, and buy it if they have it; but if they don't, whatever.. you don't lose anything! Tough I agree completely, things will be much better when there's more music available. It'll come, I'm sure.

------------------
'I still want to see a good linguistic analysis of the "was like" situation (and its distribution vis-a-vis "went").'
Squibix WebGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.