General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 An proposition to the admins
Author Topic  
laxx
Starting Member

17 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  07:58:41
Hi,

I would like to Offer this to MLA, subjected to MLA Admin's approval.

I run (in addition to the hotline server), a graphical chat server, called the palace. Since it is vacated most of the time, I would like to offer it to MLA. Of coss, offering means, MLA admins assume Admin control of the Chat server, but I own the physical server.

I would urge you to visit the chat server if you have not *been* to a Palace Chat Server before.

a. To access, enter my hotline to download the client:
- retromac68k.dyndns.org, l/p retro/retro
- goto files->download->must-have->thepalace->client

alternatively, you can download it from www.thepalace.com, but there are extra steps for 68k mac clients, which the info is on my server.

b. once you have thepalace client up and running, you can enter my chat server, also thru retromac68k.dyndns.org

The palace chat is a graphical chat, ie. there is a concept of avatars, rooms, scripting etc. My original intention of the chat server was to create a museum complete with different gallery rooms just like a real art gallery. on the walls would be pictures of different models of 68k macs and possibly the specs too. Members will enter the gallery and look the pix and chat, realtime. But this has been too time consuming for me, so I am prepared to let the MLA admins create a MLA CHat HQ.

just a thought,

laxx

laxx@mailandnews.com

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  09:06:18
What to the mods think? I'm a bit busy for this kind of thing, but someone else may like to run it...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  10:21:31
I might be interested in commandiering it. I don't know exactly how much time I'd have to give to it, though. Email me with some details or else I'll just check it out when I get home (hotline and other filesharing servers are blocked here at work).

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 22 Jan 2002 :  07:24:42
A question? How are you dealing with the serial number issue? The version or Pserver I have will only allow one person with the same serial number on the server at once, if someone else logs on with the same number the server will kick the other person. And with the company that made palace is gone so there is no place to get new serial numbers.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 22 Jan 2002 :  07:43:27
Id be happy too! I have had to admin many chat servers right from my town for hours at a time! I enjoyed when there was many now most are gone and I have not chated in a room for awhile but would be interested in becoming a chat mod......icon_editor_smilie.gif

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer"
Napoleon

My AOL, AIM Sceen name is got 007s milk

Covert Ops
N.F.C Newton Force Captain
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

laxx
Starting Member

17 Posts
Posted - 22 Jan 2002 :  08:50:43
hi,

regarding the serial number issue, the server is *hacked* to accept multiple users of the same user serials.

well, timac, check out the chat server, if you are interested, let's talk.

cheers!

laxx

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 22 Jan 2002 :  10:35:17
i'd like to offer my services, but I am far too busy to do so

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Feb 2002 :  22:04:00
I believe that it would be excellent to have our own chat server...especially since some of our mods (~Coxy comes to mind here) don't have AIM. However, if we were to take up your offer, laxx, would it be possible for us to also have a "mods only" room as well in case we need to talk about private moditorial matters?

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 26 Feb 2002 :  21:53:20
Sounds interesting!

If you could e-mail me more info, I'm interested in helping get it started, as long as I can get help form other Mods and MLA members, which it looks like I can.

*goes and looks for an OS X client*

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

[i]-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.