All Forums
 Mac II Line
 Dead IIci! :(
Author Topic  
Macintrash

Australia
68 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  19:08:30
I have a seriously big problem with my IIci, as when i turn it on, all im getting on the screen is red.
Its not the moniter or the cable (as they both work fin with my IIsi)my guesses were the ram, and on board battery. Bu no sucess with either so far.
Or, my logic board has just had it! :(

Any suggestions???

II2II

Canada
115 Posts
Posted - 17 Apr 2003 :  20:39:37
Use it when you are up to mischief.

There are utilities which will allow you to control the colour balance. I think Photoshop 3 came with one called Gamma. If that doesn't fix your problems, I don't know what to suggest beyond cleaning dust out of the case (in case there is a short) and checking the video connector with a multimeter.

II2II
Intelligence officer in training.Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2003 :  16:49:01
iThink it's ONLY red... as in not with a tint or anything...

I'd suggest that you try it with a different monitor if it IS a crazy tinted color of red... that's just covering the image....

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2003 :  20:02:09
Check your cables, and if it's not that then it could be that either: the video socket on the back of the IIci is worn out and not all the pins are making contact, or the socket has come loose from the motherboard.

The IIci uses RAM in Bank A to buffer the video, so perhaps you need to check/swap your RAM? GURU recommends using "lowest denisity RAM in Bank A"

Where in Aus are you located? I (still) have a stack of Macs I'm trying to find homes for - and if you can pickup from Sydney so much the better! (Ben, your 475 will be coming next week )

cheers
Flash!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it sure beats a blank stare for starting a conversation.

68k ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  02:24:36
so it's not technically 'dead' if it's aproblem with the monitor and junk... that is if the video connections and/or the cable have a problem giving you that red tint....

:ugh: that's almost as bad as having a red colored motherboard!

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.