All Forums
 68k Conquests
 smallest 68k competition
Author Topic  
laxx
Starting Member

17 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  00:56:50
i wonder have you guys tried to get the oldest machine onto the net ?

1. my oldest is an upgraded SE (to a nice SE/30) with a whopping 500mb hdd and 16mb ram, and it is connected via asante scsi to ethernet adaptor to the net. funny seeing the net thru black and white.

2. what is even more retro is booting up from a 1.4mb floppy, dialing into an isp, hooked up to TCPIP and running Eudora lite, complete with 80kb of free hdd space for your email. Imagine, all with a single floppy! i did it and upped it a couple of years ago to a friend, you can download from his web site at http://my.elkhart.com/mlewis/Emailer-noisp.img.hqx.

3. there is even a contest on to see who has the oldest web server...i think the macplus with dual 800 drives was winning on the last count.

cheers!

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  08:26:39
Mac Plus! Bah! Where's the Mac 128K with serial hard drive?

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  10:22:30
quote:

Where's the Mac 128K with serial hard drive?.

Whaaaaat? DON'T DO THAT!
*regains aa mopdicum of self control...breathes.....*
Links please......

jt

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 21 Jan 2002 :  10:33:34
quote:

i wonder have you guys tried to get the oldest machine onto the net ?

I always try to distinguish between the "net" and the "web", the (historical connotations of precision in nomenclature are often overlooked) two are hardly the same, despite common use among newbies (anyone whose "net" experience is entirely post-mosaic, myself included) my keyboard is more complex then some of the machines that have been on the net (hyperbole, but barely within the definition).

jt

btw: the typos in previous posting were too perfect to have been planned or to be edited. *stupid keyboard!*

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.