Lounge
 What are the chances of......
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  02:22:56
....getting ok PAF approval for my latest haul? I was talking to mum on the fone tonight, and when i said there was more PC monitors than i could even count, she was like, "but you don't need any more monitors, do you?" Thing is though, i have 3 in my closet! I'm thinking of telling her that i can save money by keeping them as "spares" in case one goes. What do you think? Anyone got any good tips?

Btw, one thing that cracks me up is that Dad is actually OK with my latest haul! Thing is though, he's a lot nicer about my 68k obsession than Mum is. He's the one who's always really interested to see my latest mods, tricks, and other cool new things.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster:

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  03:04:53
I can't really talk, well I think my wife knows that I have a new computer, but she is scared to say anything to me, thing is the 840av made its way into our bedroom & I'm sure she wont like that, she'll get jealous.

I'm guessing, you'll be asking your parents to transport your latest haul? well just start your own bussines, you can flog the monitors, erm good luck but if your not going to use the monitors you might well be best to sell them, just looking at monitors that arn't switched on just it isn't productive.

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, prettymuchmaxedout8xcd drive,3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14" os 8.1
, 12 meg ram, 500 meg hard drive
Performa400(asleepintheattick)Go to Top of Page

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  03:07:43
Look at me... I own 49 of my houses 52 computers. I have so many computer parts around, I am short on space for buying more. My parents have pretty much given up on me... they just sigh, and let me bring my next haul in.

As for you, if you can get at least one parent on your side, then you already have a good chance of getting the approval.

------------------
Captain Z - Mobile Operations Commander
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

31 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV StuffGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  04:54:21
As i said before, Dad's on my side. And i think Mum is close to giving up, as she was hardly ever able to stop me from bringing in Yet Another Big Haul last year when i was at the Shop. I'm not sure what she has against my obsession though. Maybe things will improve when we build our new house (we moved), and i get a bigger room, giving me a chance to rebuild my network and keep things tidy. This time i'll actually be able to have a proper PhoneNET setup, due to the amount of space i'll have!

Warrior maclover5

1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  06:26:15
The KEY to keeping PAF high is keeping your space clean. Even if you have, like captainZ, 49 computers in a small space, you can keep them all tidied and nice looking.

Put your parts away in drawers and/or easily hideable shelves (can you say "curtains"?)
Try to keep your number of monitors per computer down though... if you have loads of extra nonfunctioning monitors serving no purpose... (evenif theyre cool or you love them dearly) they are the first on PAFs eradication list.

Good luck with that phonenet thing! just don't build any phonenet into the walls.... always do Ethernet in the walls though

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  06:35:42
I know. Most of the time, each comp will only have one display. And like i said, the two 1710s will be circulated around the Q700, LC630, LC475 and PM8100.

Warrior maclover5

1Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  11:02:24
Just keep them as out of sight as posible.

-danny
You! What PLANET is this!
-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
-------
68k Macs Liberated: 3Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  20:12:39
hehehe... I love to be able to see my macs and if I can have them all talking to each other each serven a (good purpose) I'm mostly allowed to have them... as long as I can make room for them within my own space...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.