All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 WTB: Cheap Nubus NIC
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:32:55
I am looking for a cheap old NUBUS NIC card for my Q840AV.

I'm hoping that the seller lives in Canada so I don't have to deal with the insane duties and hassle of having an item cross borders but if you are in the US, I'm hoping it's not too expensive and you can send via USPS since they are not so bloody expensive like UPS who wants 45 dollars just to do paperwork on the border. (I've seen NUBUS NIC's on eBay for like 10US roughly, but lately I haven't seen any located within Canada.)

The local Mac store has a used NUBUS NIC card for 40 dollars Canadian but I don't want to spend 40 dollars on a NUBUS Nic, even if it is 10/100 since I'll never use that speed on a 840AV and hence it's a waste of money.

I don't want to buy an adaptor for my onboard ethernet since it always messes things up and the cables are hell to deal with as it hangs thier by a thread since the machine's back is facing the edge of the desk. Hence when I did have that AUU Transciever the cable was always hard to keep in one place and it sometimes tended to get diconeccted enough to throw off my connection and it was rather anoying. For a dekstop machine it's ok but for a tower a dedicated NIC is a nice thing.

Any takers?

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:39:42
quote:

I am looking for a cheap old NUBUS NIC card for my Q840AV.

http://shrevesystems.com/

They've got them onsale for $2 ea. give them a call and find out if and how much for shipping.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.