68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Balloon Help
 Bringing together the old and the new...
Author Topic  
GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 19 Jan 2002 :  10:03:16
I'm not totally sure whether this is a 68k issue or a Mac OS X issue, but I figured it was worth a try.

At home, I have a network of three Macs: a Pismo/400 running Mac OS X 10.1, a Performa 580 running Mac OS 8.1, and an LC 475 running Mac OS 7.6. I have file sharing turned on on all three machines.

When I try to access either of the 68k machines from the Pismo, everything works exactly as everything should. Likewise whenever I try to access one of the 68k machines from the other. The problem comes when I try to access the Pismo from either of the 68k machines.

The Pismo appears in the Chooser, exactly as it should. When I try to connect, I get the normal authentication screen, except that it shows the password as being "clear text" instead of "two-way scrambled" - I've never seen that happen before. Then when I actually try to connect, either as a guest or a registered user, I get a message:

"The connection to this server has been unexpectedly broken."

Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do about this?

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 19 Jan 2002 :  12:36:06
quote:

I'm not totally sure whether this is a 68k issue or a Mac OS X issueproblem comes when I try to access the Pismo from either of the 68k machines.......I get the normal authentication screen, except that it shows the password as being "clear text" instead of "two-way scrambled" - I've never seen that happen before. Then when I actually try to......... "The connection to this server has been unexpectedly broken."

uneducated stab in the dark:
'dunno, maybe its got something to do with the "Shared Files Folder" and some new-fangled "access" (levels...unix.......?) that I haven't bothered to...........*

*trying to show restraint..........cut's & pastes mini rant/cry of despair.....and swerves back onto topic and remains attentive.........

jt

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 19 Jan 2002 12:37:32Go to Top of Page

Alien

Netherlands
269 Posts
Posted - 19 Jan 2002 :  13:30:31
http://www.euronet.nl/users/mvdk/osx.html

,xtG
.tsooJ

RTFMGo to Top of Page

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 19 Jan 2002 :  16:35:51
Thank you so very much! It works perfectly now!

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.