68k Peripherals
 Need 1/3 ht HD advice for LCIII/Q605
Author Topic  
Bugsi
Starting Member

USA
38 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2003 :  18:11:32
When I performed my Mega-Upgrade on my LCIII to a Q605, I wanted to fit a large capacity SCSI hard drive in the internal HD bay. The largest I had lying about was a puny 1.2 gig, originally from an 8500. I seem to be having a difficult time locating large-capacity, 1/3 height, narrow SCSI drives. Even if I just knew what brands and models would work, I could hunt for them on eBay and other sources. I've heard of some large capacity 1/3 height Ultra SCSI narrow drives that can work with an adapter, but ideally I'd like to have a standard 50 pin narrow drive.

Can anybody tell me if there are any large capacity (9 gig or larger?) 1/3 height narrow drives that fit the bill? I don't know what to look for! Whenever I find what I think is a good deal on a larger capacity narrow SCSI drive, it turns out to be 1/2 height.

Of course, I could go external SCSI with 1/2 height drives, but that would take away the cool stealth factor of what appears to be a ho-hum LCIII, when a 132 meg RAM Q605 lurks underneath!

TIA!

SE, Classic II, SE/30, IIcx, IIci, IIx, IIfx, LCIII => Q605 (the mega-upgrade)

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.