68k Conquests
 LC 475 retest and over clock
Author Topic  
daveosx
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  00:02:06
I purchased a bunch of stuff on ebay to get a DIGI DESIGN sound card and breakout box. I got a couple of LC ethernet cards a B&W quickcam and an lc475 for $35 I first checked the LC to see if it booted it chimed but no video I set it aside. I was a little pissed because the guy said it worked and I wanted it to try a little hack. I was dusting stuff off and ran across it again the other day I decided to see what was wrong with it. Most times they where the victums of IT gurus connecting parallel printers to the SCSI port in the school computer labs. Do Not Do This Bad Things Happen! so I looked for fried parts and checked the battery it was new and it was the wrong type. So I made a Radio Shack run and pluged in the new battery... chime and video cool I uncursed the guy who sold it to me.

Later I dug through my parts shelves and found a 68040RC 50 i had squirreled away. Out came the 68LC040 and in went the 68040RC. Hard drive and floppy , dusted off the power supply, 32meg of ram and 1meg of video. Next I soldered a 8 position ribbon cable to the resistor pads and mounted it next to the hard drive . This lets me change the speed and gestalt of the motherboard to allow system updates. I installed 8.1 and an external CDrom drive I am currently indexing ten years of cd roms on the thing. It works great!!

So look closely at those batteries...

I am in Boynton Beach Florida USA. You can Call me at 561 3697992.

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  00:55:14
Hmm, interesting. I thought about doing a simillar thing with wiring up a bank of dip switches. However when I actually got around to overclocking my 605 I noticed that they used different values for the resitors. Are you saying that all that is needed is a connection and the resistor value doesn't matter? Or did you wire resistors inline with the dip switches. I hope it's the former in which case I'll pop the 605 open right away.

Also are you saying you have a 50 MHz chip in there!?!

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  01:07:33
Nice setup!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.