Original LC...
Author Topic  
blobbo
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts
Posted - 18 Jan 2002 :  08:39:14
hey all - i'm new here...

since this is a 68k forum, i guess y'all see my sn and think i ripped it from the game - i did. nobody really knows that these days, but i liked it when i was like 10, and it stuck.

how much could an original LC go for? 10 or 12 mgs ram, 28.8 external modem, a stylewriter colour dot matrix II, and the original 256 colour monitor. all cables, with some video ram (i dunno - i took it apart the other day and i found some in it i think...). how much would ALL of this go for? it would be expensive to ship... thanks.

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 18 Jan 2002 :  08:52:06
Not much, sorry.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 18 Jan 2002 :  09:08:38
Five bucks and shipping is about as good as you're going to get. Honestly, you'd probably get a better tax write off donating it to a thrift store, but of course we don't encourage that sort of thing around here.

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 6
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 18 Jan 2002 :  13:11:19
The LC can't go beyond 10MB of RAM, even though it will have 12 in there. The VRAM maxes out at 256K (I think?). So the estimate is right. $5 plus shipping is what to expect. Find someone who doesn't have a computer and would want it, and give it too him/her. Remember to give it a loving home for it.

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

17 68K Macs LiberatedGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 18 Jan 2002 :  13:39:50
quote:

Find someone who doesn't have a computer and would want it, and give it too him/her. Remember to give it a loving home for it.

suggestion:

I've always loaned computers out.......
since giving my C-64 to a cousin......would have been nice if he'd offered it back when it "died", thereafter I loane............*should I mention he might need a transplant psu donor/parts box/case to mod the cra............nah!*

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.