All Forums
 68k Hacks
 Plus Screen in an SE/30?
Author Topic  
bannonth
Starting Member

19 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2003 :  22:11:50
Ok. I found an abandoned SE/30 the other day and was just now opening it up to swap out the busted floppy and install a large hard drive. While giving the power cable to the mother board a good tug I hit the end of the monitor tube and heard a slight crackle. I couldn't see any major damage so I powered it up to see if by chance i still had video. The blank screen, loud popping and blue spark told me i didn't

I've got a Plus at work that I could pull a screen from if they're compatible. Any ideas? Or would someone like to talk me out of parting out a really clean Plus? I was excited to find the SE/30 since its got a network card in it and I've wanted a compact mac to serve as a bridge between my OS X machine and my LaserWriter Select 360. And no I don't want to use the Plus for this...having the internal hard drive in the SE/30 is much better.

Tom

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2003 :  23:52:24
There was a link posted either here or on fritter in the last couple of weeks about using replacement CRTs on /30s or upgrading earlier SEs with /30 mobos, IIRC.

I broke the neck on the CRT in my /30, but it never booted from the start, that's why it was a freebie from the thrift shop.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.