All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 Micropolis AV Hard Disk Issues
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  00:38:48
My Micropolis has been the culprit of my Mac not restarting or shutting down properly (840AV) and right now I bear with it because it's a 1GB hard disk which is great for AV captures. When I choose to restart ot shutdown, everything goes as normal except the screen stays active, the mouse is active but the system does not respond. I do a force restart and there are no errors of any kind, leading me to believe that the system did shutdown the processes but just couldn't send a reset signal.

I looked up online the specs and followed most of the directions closely, but there was a few things that kinda made me wonder:

There are 2 seperate sections/jumpers you cAn use to set the SCSI ID, and in fact I even tried them both at once which had the very cool effect of having a hard disk mounted on the desktop 7 times, each mirror image having a unique SCSI ID. hehe

But right now I am using the ID selector to the front of the drive, the one that doesn't make you take the whole casing apart to get at the pins but just do it from the front panel. Is there any prefered jumper to set the ID with?

And on this drive someone removed the terminators so right now I have it set to use pin 26 on the 50-pin connector to provide termination. Do these drives function better if they use onboard termination?

I don't have the url handy for the humper specs but when I get back on my other machine I will post it.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.