68k Hacks
 another one for the idea books
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 07 Feb 2003 :  09:36:12
I got the great idea, from a conquests thread, that I could maybe hook up more than one set of keyboard/mouse and have them operate independantly, on one Mac CPU (IIci for example) ~Coxy says it's not possible, I knew that though

so now it's a better hack... it follows many of the same principals as JTs MicroBrickOVEN thing... and my Qluster, except this little piece of work will keep however many seperate sets of ports, that way its giving the illusion of having only one computer, but 3 or however many people can use it... of course, now I have to build in a server with a huge HDD, and then create a system where all 3 of the clients built in, can:
print with the server's printer
get on the internet, thru the server
use applications and document files on the server

it's LabinaBox!!!!!
or TriLC.... or TriSI
or TriLC with a IIsi as a server

or I could go back to the "old" method of having a lab... with seperate cases and Power Supplies and all.....

Official 68k videographer

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2003 :  23:52:32
and that's the great thing about ideas... if it's bad noone has to say anything although I think that this would be something better addressed by a server/terminal setup.... which could be done with a single IIci...and a 14" monitor with LC built in.....

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.