All Forums
 Lounge
 Macintosh Liberation Army Member Map 3
Author Topic  
catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 04 Feb 2003 :  22:45:33
I'm rehauling the entire mambermap then posting all the changes.
This is what it will look like sortof but i've learnt a lot of html since the last rev so it will look a lot better.
It will look sortof like this:
http://users.creative.net.au/~mla/mla_site/membermap/pages/canada/calgary2.html
The new membermap will feature:
-current wether
-view of city
-members can and should write a little whing about thier city and i can host any of the images on a different server then the mla server.
-locations of mac dealers in the area and contact information
-A litle personal writeup by each member.

Please State where you live the local mac dealers and any writeups you wish I still have the old locations if you prefere not to post again but it would help to repost it.

-danny
You! What PLANET is this!
-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
-------
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
68k Macs Liberated: 3

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 05 Feb 2003 :  16:08:11
I am shaktiman currently living in North London(but it is actually Hertferdshire) in a place called Edgware.

erm, I don't know of any Apple dealers except to say that John Lewis do provide Apple support & they are located either in Watford or in Brent Cross(I don't mean they alternate their locality I mean they exist in both places)(& I don't know why Brent is cross though over the past few weeks we have had complete gridlock around Brent Cross about 5 times, due to the following:-

Too many shoppers?
Snow!(it gets us every time)
& an accident on the A41.

Yes we do understand why Brent is cross I think.

London is everything is is said to be ie:-

Dirty
Overcrowded
Polluted
The streets are said to be paved with gold, well yes there is more money here to be found & worked for, than in Derby.

We have a firefighters stike at the moment & there are loadsa warnings for ppl to be "more careful", but London news goes on about this more than National news & you really get a sense of a "London mentality" & that the city remembers the Great Fire of London. & why was the great fire of london great?, ahh cos it was in "Great Britain".

You may all be able to tell that I am not a Londoner born & bred & that I feel little or no loyalty to the place.

It is a strange place if you have lived elsewhere & you do look aghast at the people who think "they have it made" & all because they have a huge rectangular lump of concrete for a shopping centre(they even call it "the Mall") & they drive at 50Mph down thier tiny winding roads, these little places which London is swallowing up were just not made for such a thing.

Well I think thats my lot, cheers catsdorule for helping me to get that off my chest I feel like a great weight has been lifted.

One last thing to make us all double up in perplexity, we have a new digital broadcasting service here in the UK. We have a channel called UKTV, & this plays? Rikki Lake & other American programs, I really am scared of this odd obsession. Is it that a large part of America wants to control the UK or is it that a large part of the UK think that they are American, I refer my right honourable friends to "The Levellers" & these song lines:-

"were just the 51st state of America,
The Union Jack of which we were proud
is now the star spangled Union Jack of a merry patriotic crowd,
They tip thier hat to the Yankie conquerers
& now we know how to clean our teeth or strip down a gun"

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, prettymuchmaxedout8xcd drive,3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14" os 8.1
, 12 meg ram, 500 meg hard drive
Performa400(asleepintheattick)Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 06 Feb 2003 :  14:40:00
I live about 50Mi from the Chicago loop.

The closest Mac dealer I know of is:

Micro Center
80 East Ogden Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 371-5500

Then there's an Apple store in the Woodfeild Mall:
http://www.apple.com/retail/woodfield/

That's like the second closest. Both are still too far to visit regularly, so I get all my stuff from eBay or the local thrift store.

The Lightning Stalker

Performa 631CD, 7.5.5
LC III, FPU, 20/80/enet, 7.5.5, Mail Server

6400/180 40/1.6G/512k L2/enet/video-in/TV
7600/120 '604/233, 80/1.2G & 1G/512k L2, 9.2.2 (Main Mac)

Lady Smith Apples:
Apple IIc 5.25"
2 Apple IIeGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 07 Feb 2003 :  08:31:01
you know my name, and this comes at a good time, because right now, we're living in Kingman (golden valley) Arizona....

I hope that there's free 802.11 around here... that's all I can say [:P} only been here since last night I'll post more somewhat quickly (or as I learn it)

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.