All Forums
 Lounge
 Got 5 Quadras from school!!!!
Author Topic  
titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2003 :  02:33:06
I recently spoke to the head tech guy, and he took my friend and I down below the cafeteria, where there were piles of LC's and Quadras. SOme of you may remember a long time ago, when I mentioned an input device I was trying to sell. Well, now I am going to try to install linux on the quadras, and get the Windows 95/Linux only software to run, so I can finally use this device. Wish me luck.
They are 5 630 quadras...68040....250mbhd, one 1 gig...
36 mb ram, max
color monitors and such..2 working floppy drives...ethernet cards...good stuff, good times.
:D
tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2003 :  02:50:17
COOOOOLLLLLL!!! I would LOVE to just "get" 5 of anything from my school!!

are you going to look into GUIs for those linuxes... possibly set one of them up as a server (or go for another quadra) and use them as workstations :P

I'm sorry... I just love the idea of a "lab" if they have the same kind of monitor keyboard and mouse... all the better...

.ME dreams of his 30 Q605s running BSD and a WM... sitting, staring warmly at me with a logon prompt... an AWGS95 in the "back room" gladly running BSD or A/UX as a server OS, and on the front desk, an additional Q605, and a Q700 (with more stuff) for the teacher a LaserWriter is connected to the server. the Quadra 700 handles scanning images, importing photos from the digital camera... and some other cool junk

(that's just my deranged little setup...)

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.