Lounge
 New Hardware Pics Up
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  12:23:47
I've been rearranging the pics on my hardware page, and I thought I'd let everybody know. Clinton, there's two pics there of my Quadra/NES (without the PSU or hard drive yet installed) just for posterity and JT, there's pics of my tiny vintage camera collection!

Enjoy!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hardware Page: http://cineware.sytes.net

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  12:34:14
quote:

JT, there's pics of my tiny vintage camera collection!

WOOHOO! Argus C3 with THREE LENSES! NICE!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  12:47:28
Brings a whole new meaning to,"Now you're playing with power."

The Lightning Stalker

68k Macs liberated so far:

Cat Piss Performa 631CD
ThriftMac LC III

PPC Macs:
Road Apple 5200CD
Performa 6400/180
PowerMac 7600/120 (233 Mhz upgrade)

Lady Smith Apples:
Apple IIc (5.25" Built-in Floppy)
2 Apple IIeGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  13:30:07
quote:

quote:

JT, there's pics of my tiny vintage camera collection!

WOOHOO! Argus C3 with THREE LENSES! NICE!

YEP! The Argus is the only one of the three that still sees regular use. Those lenses are 35mm, 50mm and 100mm with a lens hood, by the way. My dad says they used to call C3's "the Brick" since it looked like...well...a brick.

The Bolsey (the one on the right) has a jammed focus ring, so unless I'm taking landscapes it's useless. It also leaks light pretty bad. The Vario, the accordian-style one on the left, uses 120mm roll film but the film takeup spool is stuck inside the back, so if you were to shoot a whole rool, it would be impossible to get the roll out without destroying either the film or the camera!

quote:
Brings a whole new meaning to,"Now you're playing with power."

I'm hoping that Clinton can finish the hack...it has a lot of promise. It just needs some additional cutting to get the PSU and hard drive to fit. Toss in an LC PDS ethernet card and it'll be the perfect low-end server!

My Hardware Page: http://cineware.sytes.net

Edited by - cinemafia on 24 Jan 2003 13:32:21Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  20:44:00
quote:

I'm hoping that Clinton can finish the hack...it has a lot of promise. It just needs some additional cutting to get the PSU and hard drive to fit. Toss in an LC PDS ethernet card and it'll be the perfect low-end server!

Hey Cinemo -- do you still have toe guts to the NES, working or not, I want to salvage the stock power and reset switches, and hotwire them to the NES. The ports are another thing that I want to have, since I may be using them, if I decide not to use this as a server, I can hotwire them to serial or ADB ports for joysticks to use for playing classic 68k games. the perfect hack case for the 68k gaming machine!

anyway, thanks
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Q650, a Q660AV, and a MacII
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, a PM 8600/300, and a PM8500/180
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  13:38:54
I collect vintage camera's too... i probably have 50 of them on a shelf in my bed room.

I too have an argus C3, along with the first Polaroid, several 8mm and 16mm movie cameras... a Polaroid Swinger (google to look for pics) and an early-20th century camera that consists of a wooden box, a leather strap, and a shutter mechanism (brand unknown) are some other highlights.

Like I said, I'll try to get some digital pics of my collection. I had no idea there were other vintage camera buffs in the 68kmla!

-------------
Special Ops, 578th Performa Division
68k Macs Liberated: 2
[i]...because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  14:39:13
quote:

I collect vintage camera's too... i probably have 50 of them on a shelf in my bed room.

You've got me beat!

quote:

Like I said, I'll try to get some digital pics of my collection. I had no idea there were other vintage camera buffs in the 68kmla!

I'm not gonna bother . . .
I don't have a decent camera . . . (digital :rolleyes:)

Highlights:

Nikon SP (Black, brassy body like this one . . . NO MOTOR THO! =8-/)
21mm Zeiss Biogon (the 21/4 Nikkor costs more than an Apple I!)
28mm
35mm
50mm
85mm
105mm (too heavy to keep in the bag)
135mm

Leica M3
19mm (Canon)
25mm (Nikkor)
35mm
50mm
90mm
135mm

Canon 7 - (System Info)
19mm from Leica bag)
(25mm Nikkor from Leica bag, but it LOOKS RIDICULOUS!)
35mm
50mm (ancient collapsible, lens shade waiting 50/1.2 FLARE MONSTER)
85mm
135mm
200/3.5 w/mirror box 2
400/4.5 use w/mb2 (Looks like a Howitzer )

I've got several early Nikon F's along with lenses from 17mm-400mm (20-200 are all Nikkors) and an F-36 motor I built out of two junkers.

Yashica YF (Nicca take on Leica M3)
Tower 45 (Nicca 5L from Sears)
Stereo Realist

ONLY THESE TWO of my cameras have batteries/light meters!

NIMSLO 3D
Olympus XA

I use hand held Gossen Meters . . . :rolleyes:

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 25 Jan 2003 16:29:34Go to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  15:20:48
i also have a Canon AE-1 SLR... but it doesnt work. The shutter mechanism is screwed up somehow, but i really want to get it fixed, because its a really nice SLR otherwise...

update: I had no idea the AE-1 was as important as it is... check this out...
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/ae1/
-------------

Edited by - llamaboy487 on 25 Jan 2003 15:23:22Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  15:23:01
Actually, I'm a little into photography myself. I don't take as many pictures as I used to, though, before I decided I was gonig to work with computers. I inherited a few cameras from my great aunt and grampa when they died. It's all just sophomore stuff and not really collector's specials, but interesting nonetheless. (to me, at least)

Yashika SRT-101 (Screw mount!):
50-350mm zoom (I think) cheap f/8 minimum, though
50mm
25mm
3 macro rings
Rubber eye cushion

Pentax Ashai (miniature 110mm SLR spy camera)
150mm
50mm

Another one, like Canon or Minolta or something that I only used once or twice.
50mm

My dad used to take astrophotos with his telescope. He's got a nice Miranda Laboric (might be spelled Laborec?) for that, and then he's got 2 Minoltas and some lenses for portraits, etc. I think the telescope is a 10" Meade or maybe it's a Schmidt Casagrain (sp? again) if anyone knows anything about that.

Then I've got a Agfa e-Photo 760c .75 Megapixel digital camera I've been trying to sell. It takes really great pictures. I was hoping for around $110. It comes with all Mac/WIN software, documentation, and cables. It's even got an RCA video output to view the pictures on a TV. It uses SmartMedia and comes with a 4Mb card. It's a point-and-shoot. (not SLR)Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  15:30:16
llamaboy487 just said:
quote:
i also have a Canon AE-1 SLR

Oh yes! That's the SLR I used to use in high school on loan from the photo club teacher. Those are good solid ones and really common, too.
quote:
The shutter mechanism is screwed up somehow, but i really want to get it fixed, because its a really nice SLR otherwise...

Does the light meter work? One of the most common problems is the battery leaks and corrodes the wires that go to it, breaking connnection. It's not very hard to fix and you can probably do it yourself, considering your experience with 68ks.

The Lightning Stalker

68k Macs liberated so far:

Cat Piss Performa 631CD
ThriftMac LC III

PPC Macs:
Road Apple 5200CD
Performa 6400/180
PowerMac 7600/120 (233 Mhz upgrade)

Lady Smith Apples:
Apple IIc (5.25" Built-in Floppy)
2 Apple IIeGo to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  15:40:42
hmm... perhaps this belongs in the "offshoot of 68kmla" thread, but I have a phpBB that's not being used for anything at all, and i'd like it to get used ...

I toyed with dedicating it to "retrocomputing" but with all of the camera enthusiasts present in the 68kmla, would anyone else be interested if i converted my forum over for use as a "vintage camera liberation army?" I think it'd be a good idea, kind of an illegitimate child of the 68kmla.

Actually, it wouldnt have to be a "liberation army" at all, just a discussion forum...

comments?

-------------
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  16:20:43
quote:

I toyed with dedicating it to "retrocomputing" but with all of the camera enthusiasts present in the 68kmla, would anyone else be interested if i converted my forum over for use as a "vintage camera liberation army?" I think it'd be a good idea, kind of an illegitimate child of the 68kmla.

There are LOTS of camera collector groups around already, there seem to be forums too, dunno.

jt .

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  16:22:31
lightning stalker:
I think the problem might just be the battery. I'm going to get a new one and see if it works then... or actually the person who gave it to me said it wasn't taking "good pictures" and that was the reason they got a new camera... so actually it may be the light meter. i'll have to get a 6v battery first to see if that whats going on. how DO you fix it?

Trash80tog-4:
hmm. i guess youre right, i just had in mind something like the 68kmla for cameras. Well, i still have a forum with no purpose and no registered users (except a friend of mine) so i think i'll do it anyway... it's here but i haven't created a vintage camera forum yet.
-------------
...because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Edited by - llamaboy487 on 25 Jan 2003 18:21:59

Edited by - llamaboy487 on 25 Jan 2003 19:49:47Go to Top of Page

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  18:06:36
oooh cameras. i have a sweet canon ft with whole bunch of lenses. i dont use it nearly enough though;'

--
3 Mac SEs, 1 Classic II, 1 LC, 1 LCIII, 1 Quadra 610, 1 Performa 630, 1 Quadra 630, 1 Performa 6200, 1 iMac DV 400Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  20:23:05
llamaboy487:

quote:
how DO you fix it?

I'd try the new battery first to make sure it's not just the battery. If that doesn't work, then:

I don't recall off hand exactly where the AE-1 battery hole is, but usually a SLR camera is in 3 main pieces. The top, bottom, and middle, or the rest of the body. The top and bottoms are like "pans" that cover up the gutz inside. There are usually a few "jeweler's" size slot-head screws around the top and bottom that hold them in, and then there might be others on the film rewind and advance knobs. Sometimes there's a little bit of creativity involved (such as the way Performa 630s are put together). If the top or bottom won't come off easily, try to figure out what's still holding it on and avoid pulling hard, otherwise you could break it worse. Just make sure you don't take off more than what you need to get at, as this also risks damaging other parts. For instance, only take off the top if the battery is in the top, or the bottom if it goes there.

Once you can get at the wires, look for some green around the battery terminals or they might not be connected at all/pull off. That means the battery leaked on them and corroded them. Volia! There's your problem.

What cleans up those white battery acid crystals best is lemon juice concentrate. It should bubble them right up. Make sure you clean those out really good, or they will eat the wires again.

Now that it's clean, cut off as little of the damaged wire as possible and strip&tin it. Then solder it back on. You do know how to solder, right? Then test it with a fresh battery BEFORE putting it back together to make sure the light meter works. If it works, then put it back together and hopefully it will still work and you didn't break any of the mechanical parts in the process. If it doesn't, then something else is wrong. Take it to someone who knows more about it and can get parts, ie. a *real* camera store. Or, just cut your losses.

Edited by - The Lightning Stalker on 25 Jan 2003 20:25:56Go to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  20:59:14
Awesome! I'll have to try that if the new battery doesnt fix my problem.

Also, i've set up a Vintage Camera Liberation Army forum on my site because i couldnt think of anything else to do with it.

and about the Argus C3 being called "the brick"... mine weighs more than the average brick, which is also a definite reason for that name.

-------------
Covert Ops, 578th Performa Division

Edited by - llamaboy487 on 25 Jan 2003 21:07:02Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  21:55:23
I have... a really old video camera... it's an RCA from maybe the '80s... I was going to do video with it and the Quadra...

actually I did use it to make a school project video... i took stills with it!

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  22:06:10
a friend of mine has the original JVC VHS camcorder from like 1982... it doesnt work, but boy, does it ever look awesome!

-------------
Vintage Camera Liberation Army
The non-authorized offshoot of the 68kmla
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  22:25:25
yeah... this is a pretty big camera, but it's picture and clarity seem to be good... it's ben VERY well taken care of

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  22:34:25
got a digital camera? I'd love to see some pictures of that camcorder...

-------------
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:13:50
quote:

yeah... this is a pretty big camera, but it's picture and clarity seem to be good... it's ben VERY well taken care of

I've got a Panasonic WV-3240/8AF Video Camera from about 1985. It's a HUGE Newvicon Tube based (shoulder mount) Proline Camera that has amazing image quality. Never did get the portable VTR to go with it. I've always hooked up to the inputs on a standard VCR using a Power Supply and a loooooooong extension cord made specifically for it. I got it because it has a bayonet type interchangeable lens system. I have the C-Mount adapter with another adapter for that to use my F-Series Nikkors and an adapter for that to use my 400/4.5 Canon!

jt .

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:17:26
mine has a telephoto lens that I can attach... not sure if it's compatible with other cameras though... I like to get long power extension cords and use it that way... because batteries are dead...

we made a movie "bumtrix" on it... about bums...

mine has a microphone port on it.... a picky port though... better to use the internal mic

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:34:18
quote:

mine has a telephoto lens that I can attach... not sure if it's compatible with other cameras though... I like to get long power extension cords and use it that way... because batteries are dead...

Do you have a charger that powers it during use, I guess you could use a standard AC Power cord then?

Because I didn't get the VTR, I bought mine with the special AC Adapter. It also turns the Video/Audio/Pause signals from the umbilical (that would attach to the VTR) into standard jacks and included all three patch wires for the VCR.

quote:

mine has a microphone port on it.... a picky port though... better to use the internal mic . . .

Mine has a boom mic that fits into a socket on the camera and plugs into a standard jack. The removable viewfinder can be used with a remote unit to control just about all the camera functions, but I never got that toy.

I got a nice Auxiliary Wide Angle Lens for mine, I use it with my EyeModule/Visor setup:
http://homepage.mac.com/jwt1863/PhotoAlbum3.html

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 26 Jan 2003 00:40:06Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:45:47
ooOOooo... hehehe
we threw away the batteries...

is your camera stereo? mines only mono... but I have RCA and coax jacks... :)

the batteries were just... dead... but yeah I hook the charger/PSU combobrick to teh rear end of the camera

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:55:28
I also have a Super 8 camera and projector that I haven't taken pics of yet. Also, up until about 1999 I owned a Bolex H-16 Reflex with lots of extras, but I got desperate one month and sold it for $500 to pay the rent. That was probably one of the hardest decisions of my life!

My Hardware Page: http://cineware.sytes.netGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  00:59:38
hehehe... a projector eh? is that a superOLD thing? or is Super8 recent?

sorry about that hard sale
are you going to be on AIM

yes, I am working towards 500 posts tonight

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  01:07:43
quote:

is your camera stereo? mines only mono... but I have RCA and coax jacks... :)

Dunno, the mic jack has three contacts, but the mic itself must be mono, no way of knowing. The power supply does both channels and the extension cord came in mono and stereo versions, but I have NO IDEA which one I bought. 25' was mono, 30' was stereo and they made 50' cords in mono AND stereo. I'll have to measure it, I don't think it's 50' long.

jt .

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  01:12:49
ahh.... 50 foot extension cables... wow... is this one of those tapeless cameras? because mine has VHS in it... 6 hours I can do on my tapes :)

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  01:16:18
quote:

ahh.... 50 foot extension cables... wow... is this one of those tapeless cameras? because mine has VHS in it... 6 hours I can do on my tapes :)

No tape system, ALL camera, the picture quality is AMAZING!

jt .

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  01:23:55
escept that I only really ever used it with teh Q840AV which has some shortfalls in quality, mine is pretty good also...

so yours isl ike that Tyco cam that sold in like... before the iMac and all... with the 50 foot cable and "plug into your VCR to make your own movies"

"watch yourself on the TV"

(mine doesn't sit well atop my small TV)

I can imagine that having something small is very advantageous
zooming in (6X) with telephoto lens... good for spying on people :)

.ME sets up dad's 36" TV and his own camera atop the house... zooms in... OMG! that's a bathroom window!!!!!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  01:51:57
quote:

so yours isl ike that Tyco cam that sold in like... before the iMac and all... with the 50 foot cable and "plug into your VCR to make your own movies"

Nope, more like Semi-Pro equipment to be used on a rolling tripod rig with a CRT monitor or with a shoulder hung Portable VTR and a BIG@$$ battery belt!

You'd have seen these used to videotape weddings, graduations, bar mitzvahs, etc.

jt .

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  02:47:07
COOL!

you could mount it somewhere and have a very obvious home security system!

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  11:04:17
MORE NEW PICS!!

I added some snaps of my Quadra 840av in all its glory. I will also be adding a few of my Mystic CC before the end of the day!

My Hardware Page: http://cineware.sytes.netGo to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  11:44:34
Well the colour scheme in your "bedroom/tech centre", Lovley colours, a little too modern for my liking I would have a few wavy lines & colours merging.

A Quadra in a snes, your pure class cine.

The back of an 840av, so many ports, so little time!:-)

The pics are taking an age to load.

Lovley pics, they are appreciated as they make me smile contentadly.

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, prettymuchmaxedout8xcd drive,3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14" os 8.1
, 12 meg ram, 500 meg hard drive
Performa400(asleepintheattick)Go to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  16:33:16
hmm i have probably 15 various kodak 8mm and 16mm movie cameras, and two or three projectors as well. All but two or three of mine would work perfectly if I had film for them, but i dont

-------------
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.