All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Membership
Author Topic  
AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  08:29:28
Hi everyone, my name is AnubisTTP and if you will have me, I would like to join the 68KMLA. So far I have saved 15 68K Macs and a AppleIIgs from inprisonment in the closets and attics of the world and intend to aquire more. My first Mac was a Preforma 550 that was eventually upgraded to 20 megabytes of ram, and had a 500 megabyte hard drive,an apple scanner, and an epson printer attached to it. In the not too distant past, my PC using friend would laugh at this setup, he had just bought a 200 mhz PC, and thought my old Mac setup pretty lame. He started to sing a different tune when he tried to duplicate the photographic quality prints I could make on that Mac and failed.

Here is a list of the rest of my 68K Macs

3 Mac Pluses

A Mac SE

A Mac SE/30 (still in original packaging)

An LCII

A Duo 210

2 Duo 230's

A Quadra 700

An LC III

A Powerbook 180

A IIsi

A Preforma 636

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  10:38:10
welcome to the 68k Macintosh Liberation Army, comrade.

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator
68k Macintosh Liberation ArmyGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  10:53:38
[quote]
welcome to the 68k Macintosh Liberation Army, comrade.

Do I need to enlist or something? I have a nasty suspicion that I'm too old for active duty, got any slots open for grizzled veterans?

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  12:38:32
There really isn't a formal way to enlist. Just give yourself a rank (in your case, grizzled veteran ) and your number of liberated macs (just look at other people's sigs for the format)

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  12:52:06
[quote]
There really isn't a formal way to enlist. Just give yourself a rank (in your case, grizzled veteran ) and your number of liberated macs (just look at other people's sigs for the format)

thought so... I'll re-think the grizzled part an stick with "jt" for a while... :-P

am I required to deduct CPM, C64, DOS, Linux and Windows Boxes from my total?

never mind...

jt ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  12:57:59
The realtime censoring of the word "Windows" from the forum is very cute. Don't let Bill Gates in on the idea.

jt

...just curious to see how this one parses.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  13:06:37
VERY cute...might I suggest the insertion of "that &%*@&$&^%* " when $=Bill Gates.

jt

p.s. don't mess with "Paul Allen", he and the Woz are my heroes. It's open season on Ballmer though.

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  13:46:19
quote:

p.s. don't mess with "Paul Allen", he and the Woz are my heroes. It's open season on Ballmer though.

*takes out Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice*

Yee-haw!!!

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  14:10:43
quote:

quote:

*takes out Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice*

Yee-haw!!!

Better be for Ballmer or Bill....

If it's for me, paul or woz I'll call and raise (curious word choice, "raze" would make too trite a pun) you with a 28 oz. framing hammer.

Just magine: being semi-retired to a life of collecting classic guitars and tech startups, laughing about leaving Gates and Ballmer back at the office working FOR YOU, as you stroll to the bank with a Forbes issue rolled under one arm listing you a couple of notches down from Bill on the world's 10 wealthiest list, secure in the knowledge that you were the only one of the bunch who REALLY could cut code!

back to work,

(sigh)

jt

oh, yeah! baldy's not on the list at all... 8-)

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  21:24:23
i was referring to Ballamer and Bill. I have no beef with Paul Allen, Woz or you.

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  22:30:06
quote:

i was referring to Ballamer and Bill. I have no beef with Paul Allen, Woz or you.

kinda figured that, just making sure and that chain of consciousness thing got me daydreaming...

...and just a little envious of P.A.(ergo: pseudo-rant ending with maniacal sneer)

jt

Go to Top of Page

MacScuzzy

USA
119 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2002 :  12:15:53
[Modest Plug] Ya know Anubis, we have an Apple ][ forum here, too. [/Modest Plug]

-------------
Spring has sprung, fall has fell, winters here and it's colder then usual.

Brigadier MacScuzzy
68K Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68K Macs liberated:5Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 13 Jan 2002 :  19:30:35
Actually I know nothing about using an Apple II, that IIgs I have is one I picked up at the local electronics surplus store becuse it was a woz special edition and they were selling it for only 10 dollars. Too bad I did not get a floppy drive with it.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.