All Forums
 68k Conquests
 XMas conquest...
Author Topic  
Slomac636

USA
103 Posts
Posted - 25 Dec 2002 :  13:38:20
Went (with spouse!) to my local Goodwill store and what did I find but a LCIII with monitor and box (big box) of software and....a LaserWriter 300 for $40. I didn't have the funds and proceeded to grumble and grip on the way home about it. I thought I'd go back later and try to talk them out of the LW, but they said "package deal only"
So this morning we do the X-Mas thing and lo and behold, A large box with my name on it, she went and got the whole schmeer for me!! It was so coool..!! My spouse made a liberation! I really just wanted the LW and the software and upon further inspection the LCIII was really an LCII in an LCIII box, I already have one of each, no loss there. But I got yet another copy of MS Word 5.1, a set of LW Disks, a copy of Quicken and some faxing software. There was also a PB150 Manual and battery in the box, so I'd guess there was a PB 150 in the mix, but I missed it, darn. But it was still a good haul.

Happy X-Mas to everyone!

http://www.pbase.com/image/9129025 <--- See a pic of my set-up (pre-Laserwriter 300)

Macs Liberated: 9 - 6400/180 (main Mac), 660AV, 636CD, LCIII+, LCII (2), Classic II, Classic and SE.

Yeah, I hate that friggin beach ball too...

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.