68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Lounge
 w00t!! 10 bay case, AND Ichat gets working?!
Author Topic  
boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  01:23:37
muahahahahahh!!!

I gots me a 10 5.25 bay AT form factor mobo server case for 20$ AND I got a copy of Ichat from cats! hmm... today kicked ass... better watch out for severe pain and/or suffering from above tomorrow (it's how it works. something slightly good happens, some thing really bad happens. something really good happens... well... things are NOT purdy.)

well. now what I'm gonna do with the thing.......

I could....

a) put as many drives in it as I can without burning out the PSU and have a SCSI array/CD copy station
b) put an AT mobo in it (AMD. no intel. to expensive and slow.) and plopp a version of unix or something in it and have it be a server (hey! it's a server case! and not too ugly, ether.
c) Both!!!!
d) put a G3 PSU in it (along with the existing one) and use it as a huge ass beige G3 (!!!)
e) use it as a stool
f) treat it AS stool
g) use it as a tie rack (the sides of the case swing open like doors)
h) hit people with it
i) ask it why (I'm a hairy guy) HAHAHAHAHahahahhaa... that was amusing
j) call it wesly, and then run around in circles yelling bolluks in a monotonic voice like Mr. butlertron

hehehe any more suggestions?

THnxxx
*that's enough insanety for you,

10000Th poster and 1000Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  17:30:32
NIIIIIIIICE. I have to say my 4 bayer is pretty sweet too. Its an old "MACASE". Remember those? But i do believe that an old Ipex case is better suited to a stool...thats what i use mine for!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 01 Jan 2003 :  03:27:00
:GASP:
!!!!!!!!!!!
ML5!!! YOU have an ipex????? OMFG OMFG!!!! OMG OMG!!! wow....
I have a friend who has this old "Gateway" thing.... the thing has a "socket 3" motherboard!!!!!!!!! can't tell what the mobo is in the way of AT/ATX... but the thing is one big hunk of stupidity... I tried to get NT4 runnin on it... in fact I tried to get my DOS boot disk runnin on it... nothing...what a stupid thing that is... but has LOTS of room for things like... well one could put like... 10 LCs in it... add castors to the bottom... hehehe that would be fun...

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  21:33:43
quote:

:GASP:
!!!!!!!!!!!
ML5!!! YOU have an ipex????? OMFG OMFG!!!! OMG OMG!!! wow....

Well....i have the case from one, anyway. It spends all day running FOOTSTOOL.EXE on FootStoolOS™ 1.0. Does a damn fine job, too.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.