Lounge
 Digi Cam Score!
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  21:06:30
My wife's coworker's father-in-law owns a branch of Enterprise car rental, and found a digital camera in the back seat of a car that was returned to them. Nobody claimed it, so he wanted to sell it. My wife ended up getting a hold of it for $50 and gave it to me as an early Christmas present. She gave it to me early mostly because it's missing some stuff and she wanted to make sure I could use it.

The camera is an HP Photosmart 215, which is a 1.3MP point-and-shoot with an LCD and flash that takles 1280x960 or 640x480 stills and uses CompactFlash memory cards. It's missing the memory card, so I need to pick one up before I can use it. Luckily, Costco has a 128MB Lexar CF card for $50, which is actually as cheap as eBay prices, so I might get that this week.

The cam is also missing a USB cabel, but as I found from HP's website, connecting the cam directly to a computer using USB only works in Windows (apparently even iPhoto won't recognize it). So, instead, I picked up a Dazzle PCMCIA CompactFlash reader for $15, which I popped into my PowerBook and it's recognized right away by Jaguar. Once I have the CF card itself, reading the photos off the CF card instead of the camera will be easily and probably faster than transferring over a USB cable, anyway.

Once I have a CF card the first thing I'm doing is taking pics of my remodleled bedroom and my PowerBook! Stay tuned!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  21:30:50
Cinemo!!
Have not heard from you in a while, still waiting on a rough idea of the misc. junk that you want to unload. congrats on the gift :)
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Q650, a Q660AV, and a MacII
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, a PM 8600/300, and a PM8500/180
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  23:34:07
quote:

My wife's coworker's father-in-law...

6 degrees between a camera and Cine!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  11:17:01
quote:
Cinemo!!
Have not heard from you in a while, still waiting on a rough idea of the misc. junk that you want to unload. congrats on the gift :)
CCC

Wow, yeah...I keep forgetting. Well, don't worry, none of it's going anywhere. I've just been busy lately... but I will get that list to ya!

quote:
6 degrees between a camera and Cine!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  13:11:19
not a question of whether the stuff is going anywhaere, but a question of my limited funds ;)
anyway, I was just wondering if you had forgotten, Shreve Systems takes over right now in my priority list, considering they are liquidating
anyway, thanks for remembering
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Q650, a Q660AV, and a MacII
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, a PM 8600/300, and a PM8500/180
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.