Mac SE and CD-ROM
Author Topic  
Beanie
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  11:52:29
Hey everybody!

I got a nice little 4X SCSI CD-ROM drive (external) for my MacSE. I need a little help setting it up. (Being a semi-mac-and-semi-SCSI-newbie doesn't help :). Anyhow, I'd like a few things just to get me started.

First of all, it's a Toshiba SCSI CD-ROM drive.
1. What ID should I set the drive to?
2. Do I need to remove any terminators from the inside of my Mac?
3. What drivers/extensions/etc do I need? I'm running system 7.0.1.

Thanks a bunch!

--Beanie

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  11:48:19
I'm all over this one...

1) not 0 and not 7, as those are used by the internal HD and SCSI controller on the motherboard, respectively. If you have any other SCSI devices, don't set it to their ID either (but you knew that ;-) )

2) No

3) Do you have 4 MB of RAM? do you plan on using Audio CDs? you need the Apple CD driver 5.x (find it at MacDriverMuseum.com or Apples older software downloads), and I'd suggest HighSierraFileAccess as well.. it helps. for Audio you need the AudioCD extension, and for Photo CDs you need the PhotoCD extension. I have the original 7.0.1 CD software install disk.. I think I'll make an image tonight and post it.

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Beanie
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts
Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  12:49:07
Okay, I'd appreciate that disc image very greatly, if you can do it.

My SE does have 4MB of RAM, but no, I'm not going to play audio CDs on it, nor am I going to veiw pictures. (I don't have any PhotoCDs to begin with, and what's the point on a 1-bit screen? :)

And is that smiley face in the banner ad giving me the bird?

I'll check out Mac Driver Museum next time that I'm in Windows (ick), I don't have Basilisk set up under FreeBSD (yet).

Oh well, I need to go back to fixing my mac, it didn't like some of the extensions I fed it while trying to get it set up.

Thanks a bunch!

--Beanie

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.