The Website Forum
 Transcontiental Marathon
Author Topic  
Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 01 Jan 2002 :  16:21:48
I'm looking for someone on a preferably high-bandwidth line that is interested in setting up an AppleShare IP 6.x server on the West Coast and in Oz, so we can set up a Virtual Private Network, and run a game of Marathon.

Any one?

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

~~"We are all Mad here."~~

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 01 Jan 2002 :  17:44:54
Do I (we) have to be on the west coast?? All my machines and all my bandwidth just begging for a use. And to be turthful this just sounds pretty darn cool just to say you were part of it. Doesnt matter I suck at marathon anyhow...

~The Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
|Macs liberated: 3|
|Windoze users converted: 2|
Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 01 Jan 2002 :  21:01:18
Doesn't matter really.

I'm just concernd about ping speeds for anyone that wants to PLAY... but I'm not sure how easy it will be for people to log on, or if just the people at the servers and their LAN can play.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

~~"We are all Mad here."~~Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Jan 2002 :  17:22:23
Would be cool, but i have a question. Does anyone know anything about how to set up a Bolo server to host network games of Bolo over the internet? Just wondering, because soon i may have access to a 96k ISDN running 24-7, and be able to set up my LCII as a Bolo server running 24-7. Can i do this? And if i can, who wants to join Clan 68kMLA?

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 03 Jan 2002 :  18:14:56
Ok well I have two options I can offer you:
1)I have a 7100/80 that I can offer (theroretically) 24/7 untill my dad complains about power usage again....BTW I have DSL and get nice speed.

2)If you need a more powerful machine I have a Dual 800, But times would need to be set up for usage as the machine is not in my room and such. Weekends are probably the best times for this machine and I live in eastern US (pittsburgh) so i dont know what the time delay would be. Let me know what you think.

P.S. - If only I was half decent at Bolo, or for that matter even remember how to play.....

~The Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
|Macs liberated: 3|
|Windoze users converted: 2|
Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 04 Jan 2002 :  03:15:30
Im gettin one of Da Penguin's 7100s so i could and i am on the west coast in Sunny California, I have fast DSL i can use too and i have a Quadra 610 or 7100 like i said we could use i just need someone to remotely maintain it if u could that would rock. Tell me what ya think.

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer"
Napolean

My AOL, AIM Sceen name is got 007s milk

Covert Ops
N.F.C Newton Force Captain
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.