All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Duo 280c for sale
Author Topic  
triumph_larry

USA
54 Posts
Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  11:40:51
Alright, it was working perfectly until it took fall from my footlock. Now it won't respond, and I'm not sure why. I don't have the diagnostic equipment to resurrect it. I'm pretty sure it was 8/240 and I have loaded some games and Pshop3 on her already. The battery never really held a charge for long, but the AC Adapter works just fine. Cosmetically she is really nice (nothing broken, no dead pixels) and I just installed a new trackball assembly.

Before I offer it on ebay I wanted to give you guys the opportunity.

---
The problem with computers is they do exactly what you tell them to. Now where's that fuggin 'any' key?

Macs liberated thus far: SE-30, Performa 6320CD and Duo 280c.

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2002 :  10:16:53
quote:

Alright, it was working perfectly until it took fall from my footlock. Now it won't respond, and I'm not sure why. I don't have the diagnostic equipment to resurrect it. I'm pretty sure it was 8/240 and I have loaded some games and Pshop3 on her already. The battery never really held a charge for long, but the AC Adapter works just fine. Cosmetically she is really nice (nothing broken, no dead pixels) and I just installed a new trackball assembly.

Okay, I'll admit to being curious about trying to fix it (though I'll defer to JT if he as a better offer)...

How about a swap for a nicely working 210, 12/80? I'd suggest swapping 'books only, each of us keeping any batteries/adapters/etc.

I could go instead for a 250, 12/120, but that one has the issue of darkening at the corners of the screen. Sam offer otherwise.

<<<john>>>Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.