All Forums
 Lounge
 First laptop! A TiBook! On its way!
Author Topic  
MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 20 Nov 2002 :  21:28:46
Well, it's only a 667, and it's a refurb, but they were $2,400 only a month or so ago new--the price from Apple was only $1,699 (plus 5% Mass. tax). About as good a deal as I've seen, less than we paid for our daughter's original blueberry iBook only three years ago--and it's a LOT more computer. Check out the 'Special Deals' corner of the Apple Store page--they may have some left!

I plan on getting another monitor and using the TiBook as my desktop computer, relegating my blue G3/350 (revision A) to backup duties and my wife's Internet use. But, like my SE a decade or so ago (though a lot lighter!), I can pack it up and take it with me on car trips to visit relatives, and with VPC and pcAnywhere, I can access the office server if I have to.

Shipped Saturday--should be here by tomorrow or Friday. Comes with OS 10.1 and Jaguar upgrade. I'm an OS X newbie, so I could use any hints and tips, especially as it concerns setup and daily desktop use.

/Mr Lynn

The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn’t have a space program.
--Larry Niven

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 20 Nov 2002 :  23:18:09
COOL! enjoy it.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 21 Nov 2002 :  04:51:48
I know how you feel - I felt much the same when I got my Pismo/400 two years ago. It was toward the end of its life cycle by that point - but dammit, it's still a great little machine!

Enjoy, my friend.

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: way the hell too many

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 21 Nov 2002 :  06:50:12
Man iWish I had one of those!

-danny
-------
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
68k Macs Liberated: 3Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 21 Nov 2002 :  09:43:40
Bad ass! A few months ago I never saw myself wielding a TiBook, but now that I have one...I can't imagine going without one!! They truly kick ass any way you slice 'em.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.