Lounge
 New MS Peripheral
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Nov 2002 :  23:31:29
I've been planning on getting a 3-button mouse since before I got my new PowerBook, and yesterday I finally got one. I wanted to get a Kensington Studiomouse, but just couldn't bring myself to spend $67 on one (and they don't seem to ever appear on Ebay). So, I got a Microsoft Blue Mouse*. It's an optical, two-button + one scroll wheel/third button mouse with a sparkly blue top half and titanium bottom half (it matches the PowerBook almost exactly). I saw it first on TechTV and I actually like it a lot, and it was only $30.

* Toward the bottom of this review, it says that OSX isn't supported, which is obviously not the case.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  04:50:07
While it IS a mordorsoft product, it is pretty nice for the price. There are a couple down at the school with the "newer" PC boxen. If you need a multi button mouse at a lower price, I'd say you hit the nail on the head. Hope it works great!

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  08:19:01
Yeah, I like it so far. It doesn't have the huge DPI of the Studiomouse (or even the MS Intellimouse Explorer, which is just plain ugly), but so far I've been using to do hand-drawn graphics in Illustrator and Photoshop and it works great. The cord is a little long, though, which is slightly annoying. The bondi USB mouse has a cord that's just short enough so that if it's plugged directly into the laptop it looks tidy. The cord for the MS mouse is a nice blue-ish color though, which is better than beige or something. I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten the wireless version, but it was about $20 more and I'm not sure how well wireless mice are for hand-drawing.

Edited by - cinemafia on 13 Nov 2002 08:19:56Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  10:05:37
I like my $20 Logitech Opitcal Scroll Wheel Mouse... works GREAT in OS X.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  10:14:48
*sneaks in, helpfully ties Cinemo's new mouse cord up in knots just to shorten it up a little bit for him and then scrawls note on mousepad about mis-posting a peripherals topic in the lounge with one of Cleo's crayolas. *

*Laughs like h**l and escapes unscathed. *

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  11:41:48
hmm... tell me when it blows up, and a little peice of plastic with the words "you dumbs**t! switch to windows, and this wouldn't happen!!" etched into it sticking out of the exploded mouse...

THnxcjbddd
"grrrrr... what the heck is WRONG WITH YOU!!!?!?!?! -boys...-"

10000Th poster and 1000Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

MomoNyo
Starting Member

8 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  14:05:22
looks nice

i was going to get a Logitech Pilot Wheel mouse for my iBook but maybe I should get one of these MS ones?? (I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to remove the Microsoft logo. wouldn't feel right using it on a mac with that on it)

Other than this, what else would be a good mouse for Jaguar (and beyond)?

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  17:43:07
quote:
(I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to remove the Microsoft logo. wouldn't feel right using it on a mac with that on it)

Looks like it might come off with mineral spirits or even nail polish remover. I haven't tried just yet, though.

quote:
Other than this, what else would be a good mouse for Jaguar (and beyond)?

Well, the Kensignton Studiomouse tops my list, but as I mentioned it's $67 and hard to find anywhere but Kensington's website (they don't carry it at the Apple Store or any other brick & mortar I've been to). They now have a wireless version for $90!

The Kensington Optical Mouse Elite is very similar to the MS Optical Blue Mouse, and so is the price. Again, might be harder to find.

Go to Top of Page

MomoNyo
Starting Member

8 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  21:43:51
thanks for the info

that Kensington Optical Mouse Elite looks nice. 5yr warranty too. i'll get talking to my "friend with the credit card" and see if he can find it online for me :)

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  22:23:07
I've been using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer with the PC M$ office logo on it for awhile now... it's pretty nice

comfortable, overall, nicer than the puckmouse (which I still keep around though)

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  23:32:26
Long live my iPuck!!!!!!!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.