All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 busted@$$ caddy-loader
Author Topic  
Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  14:16:08
I have the stock internal caddy drive in a Q660AV (Piltdown man style case) and it worked for a few days, and then suddenly refused to grab the CD. I could shove a caddy in the mofo from now 'til doomsday, and it doesn't want to do anything for me. I have a feeling that the drive thinks that there is still a caddy inside it, maybe a stuck switch or summat.

does anyone know where the switch that tells the drive whether there is a caddy inside lives, or the switch that activates the auto-grab feature? I'd really like to get said quadra in perfect working order, so I can organize a marathon lan party
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple //s rescued: Apple //e

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  22:36:23
oi, shorting the pins on the obvious reed switch was a nogo, nhas anyone had this problem before?
CCC

68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  23:39:20
I have another, working 2x caddy-loader (with a caddy!) as well as a 2x and a 4x tray-loader if you're interested. I also have a "non-working" 4x/8x tray-loading CD-R.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2002 :  19:48:00
email me!

ccrawford_AT_sphs-web.lausd.k12.ca.us

it'll be nice to have spare parts floating around

CCC

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2002 :  23:00:05
Cool, matter-of-fact, if you're willing, I have a lot of stuff that I'd like to "pass on" to you. Once I get my PowerBook G4 I'm going to be really busy with some serious work I need to do for clients for a while, and I'm just not going to have time to fiddle with my somewhat massive collection. I'd like most of my stuff to go to good hands, which I know yours are, and I also don't want to have to ship stuff! So, I'm going to email you with everything I'm willing to get rid of and then within the next week I can drive it all down to you.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 07 Nov 2002 :  18:52:23
kool, bring the pooch, and outfit her with some fancy duds while you are at it :)

I'll try dig up doggy sweaters, and we have jewelled collars/leashes in stock if you are interested.

serious work indeed, one of these days, we'll have to organize a marathon LAN Party :) cause too much serious work can kill a guy (believe me, I know, I have maybe 2 hours per week to play with me macs.)

anyway, thanks cinemo
CCC

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.