All Forums
 Lounge
 TRW Swap Meet
Author Topic  
jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  08:48:49
I was curious whether anyone from the LA area goes to the TRW swap meet on the last Saturday of each month?

If so, how has it been recently?

I am going to be in Long Beach over Thanksgiving and will be trying to make it there.

<<<john>>>

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  09:16:42
I've never heard of it, actually. I do generally try to go to the Computer Fairs they have in Burbank pretty regulalrly, and I go to the Saugus Swap Meet, which is close to my place. I'll have to check it out!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  11:33:25
quote:

I've never heard of it, actually. I do generally try to go to the Computer Fairs they have in Burbank pretty regulalrly, and I go to the Saugus Swap Meet, which is close to my place. I'll have to check it out!

Technically, it is a hamfest, though there usually seems to be a lot of computer stuff there.

I've only gone a couple of times, but have come away with interesting stuff each time. (My first two 170s came from there.)

<<<john>>.

<<<john>>>Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  13:23:26
I have never been to said TRW swap meet, but I have been to the computer fair as well, though the population at said computer fair is largley PC population

Cinemo: if you want to go to a kickass computer fair, go to the one in pomona, it is 2 fairplex buildings FULL of computer crap. it is likely that you might find a rare mac gem there though.
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.