Lounge
 Monday Update!
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  11:01:23
I know, I know, I haven't been around much lately. Well, after my job at Bertelsmann/Comcast ended, I decided I really wanted to redocorate my bedroom.

My wife and I came up with a painting idea from a magazine and we went with it. Basically, I painted three, 17" high horizontal stripes all around the entire bedroom, each with a 2" space between them as well as a 12" or so space from the ceiling and a 20" or so space from the floor. The top stripe is a "Flamingo" Red, which in most light looks like a shade of orange with some pink added. The middle stripe is something like "Desert Bloom" which is like a dark peach, and the bottom stripe is "Burnt Sugar" which is a dark, muted pink.

It came out really, really well...and looks like a preofessional job! It really livens up the room and makes it feel warm and inviting. Anyway, we didn't stop there, we also put up some pictures. I used a bunch of the frames I got for free from that post-production company and photocopy-enlarged some old photographs I've taken, they came out pretty cool. We also got a giant print of a sand-swept beach from Ikea with a silver frame, and that looks cool, too.

Anyway...I'll have to take some pics when I get a new camera, right now I have none. You can compare them before-and-after-style to the last ones I posted and see how much it's changed!

Also, we got a dog! We've been wanting to get a puppy for Cleo for a while and finally decided to get a Toy Poodle from a breeder way out in Temecula (close to San Diego) so we drove all the way out there over the weekend and got one. He's a little guy, about 10" long and 6 pounds, with the most beautiful mahogony red coat you've ever seen. He's also really timid so we're trying to get him to earn our trust and be a little more confident.

So, that's what's new 'round here. Still no new Mac yet, but I have a buyer for the 7500 so it will be gone within the next day or two and I'll be using my project PC as my main machine until I get a G4! Ugh! The good news about the G4 situation is that I've found a client who needs close to $2000 worth of work done and will most likely pay me in advance, so I'll be able to use that and the money I get from selling the 7500 to get the system of my dreams (well...almost).

I'll find out on Wednesday whether the deal will stick, and if so I may have a kick-ass new system by Friday even! I'll just have to hold my breath until then

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net

Edited by - cinemafia on 04 Nov 2002 11:02:55

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  14:38:44
Cool! Great to hear things have been going ok for you since the last time we heard from you. You're gonna have to take pics of this room sometime! Either way, good luck with the deal, and i hope you get your G4 soon!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  14:42:32
hey CINE! cool about your room.

Cine, check your mail please.
-thanks

Forum: http://scchicago.homeip.net/forumGo to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  14:52:26
YAAAARRRRRRGH
You bought from a BREEDER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
AIEEEEEEEEEEE

you could have adopted from your local animal shelter!!

there are some great dogs to be found in said shelters!!

sorry, a little shock there, remember, I work in a pet shop that is full of wonderful rescue animals

anyway, it just shocks me everytime someone gets a dog from a breeder, it just doesn't seem right.

excellent about your room too ;)
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  22:14:11
quote:

YAAAARRRRRRGH
AIEEEEEEEEEEE

that exactly what i was thinking!!

actualy i work in an animal shelter.

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SEGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  01:18:14
quote:
YAAAARRRRRRGH
AIEEEEEEEEEEE

sorry, a little shock there, remember, I work in a pet shop that is full of wonderful rescue animals

anyway, it just shocks me everytime someone gets a dog from a breeder, it just doesn't seem right.

Sorry C, I know...it was all my wife's doing, you understand!!!

She wanted a pure-bred Toy Poodle and so a pure-bred Toy Poodle we got. He's all UKC cert'd and we got to see his ma and pa and everything. I could really care less, and would have gotten a dog from a shelter, but my wife is the one paying the bills right now.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys his name! We're calling him Gipetto...and I forgot to mention that we took him with us to Ikea and got accosted by bevies of Oooo-ing ing and Aaaaaah-ing onlookers. The pup probably had more attention in an hour than in all of his 8-months alive!

He was $400, by the way, which I guess isn't cheap but certainly was a lot less than what most breeders were asking for Toys. Most started at $600 and went to $1200!

Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  13:30:22
be prepeard to run up a huge vet bill with that pooch. Purebred dogs are notorious for having more allergies and problems than mixes, because sometimes they (like rednecks) are inbred. Also be prepared to have a large grooming bill with the utility cut, and an even larger one for the show cut, and please use the utility cut, the show cut makes them look ugly with all of those pompoms.

Just telling you like it is...

Oh, cinemo, email me regarding the AV powermac that you were going to sell me.

ccrawford_AT_sphs-web.lausd.k12.ca.us

CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  18:26:55
C'mon guys, no need to rain on the parade here...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  19:04:13
So when you getting this $2000?

If soon that means tower and fun ness and.....you can sell stuff to me! err, I mean, you can have more fun!

Sounds like an all around "good news day"

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  23:01:15
Sorry Penguin, but I found a local buyer who's giving me $350 for my entire 7500 setup on Friday so I can't part it out!

However, so far it looks like my deal will work, and I should be getting the money from the client by Friday as well. I think I might just go back with my original plan, which was the Dual 867 DDR from MacZone with the free printer, 17" CRT and 512MB of extra RAM. I should have enough for a good digital camera, too!

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2002 :  05:12:15
Hey, no problem, I actually picked up another drive recently cheap, and as of right now, I am still around $40 in debt.....so taht wouldn't work

quote:

...with my original plan, which

Original plan? Whassat??

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2002 :  14:56:41
Stop the presses! I'm frickin' getting a new TiBook, baby. Details shall follow in a new thread.....

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.