68k Peripherals
 LWII grind grind PaperJam light
Author Topic  
Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 03 Nov 2002 :  22:56:23
Ok.. I'm trying to put together a working LW IIntx. the logic board is good.

The paper feed rollers look almost brand new (I wouldn't be surprised if they were close to it).

When I turn it on, it warms up, and when it tries to print the test page... it SOUNDS like the grey gears at the back of the printer near the clamshell are grinding against each other instead of meshing.

Anyone have this problem, and know how to adjust anything? I have 2 LW IInt's that are fodder for parts.

~Marchie

ckealey
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  09:21:54
I'm assuming you mean the spring-loaded gearset that link the exit rollers to the main drive unit? First off, what condition are the gears themselves in? Even with no use, the material gets very brittle after a few years and you start getting chipped/broken gears. Also, make sure that the spring that's supposed to make them mesh together is providing some tension. It's been a little while since I've been inside one of those beasts, but I have 2 at home to jog my memory. I'll take a look at them tonight and respond back with some other things to check.

-Chad

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  10:30:06
I assume you've got the service manual, did you check out the Printer Repair section of the LinksProj?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  10:37:38
I have the service manual yes... One of the reasons I want this thing to work is so I can PRINT all the service manuals

I COULD use the ImageWriter II but... no.

And One problem with the service manuals off Gambas page is that the service flow charts are missing.

I'll check the service part of the Links page... hadn;t gotten that far yet.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  10:48:52
quote:

. . . One problem with the service manuals off Gambas page is that the service flow charts are missing.

I've found that opening some of the SM's in older versions of AR can work wonders. Some won't open at all on a current version or they give me flack about a palatino font being missing and the charts and diagrams fail to display. Try an earlier rev. of Reader!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.