The Website Forum
 Links Project/Perpetual Threads
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Nov 2002 :  20:32:34
First, thanks to everybody who has posted links recently, it was dead in there for a long time!

Macaka posted some music links in there that weren't really on topic for the peripherals motif I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to stick to myself. My first thought was that they belonged in the lounge, but i got to thinking about the way MacAch uses the "perpetual threads" idea to collect related groupings of posts. We have a full set of forums here, so the issue isn't critical we need to keep the number of forums down to avoid diluting activity levels and they need to channel activity into the perpetuals due to being limited to just one forum.

Whatever . . . I think we could use a few perpetual type threads here within some of our forums. I've been toying with the idea of starting an "ephemeral post your desktop thread" anyway and having a "Music Links", "Member Desktops Thread" and so forth (ANYTHING, but a <you know what> thread! ) might be a good idea, that way we'd have tighter categories to aim at with the Thread Launcher 68000.

Whatcha think?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.