General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 APB! Comrades in Maine, USA!
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  23:15:34
I was just talking to a guy off the MacAddict Forums on AIM (Blink, for those who go there), and he told me of this place near where he lives that has over 100 68ks that will be recycled unless rescued. Unfortunately, i obviously can't join in on this effort, but i'm raising an alarm for those who may be able to. Now, for the terms and conditions:

1. You must be willing to take a lot of Macs, say 10 or 20

2. You must arrange this through him, so the place can be unlocked. IM him ASAP on AIM. His screen name is The Ian Man 85

3. You must go by the end of November, or the Macs will get destroyed

4. The guy is NOT going to ship these: You need to meet in person and pick up the Macs yourself.

According to him, LCIIIs and SE/30s are pretty much gone, but there's still a crapload of stuff there. There may even be a PPC or two.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  10:29:50
awesome! maine you say? only about 4 hours out of my way. i could make it a day trip. if i DO get a hold of some of these... i'll be glad to send some to anyone who wants them, if they're willing to pay for shipping...

UPDATE:
i talked to the guy, he says there's mostly LCs and LCIIs, some 575s that are missing cd-roms and floppys, monitors, and some apple II stuff. i may go up there sometime in the next few weeks and pick up about 20 of them... (or as many as i can fit in my car). I'm not 100% sure yet, though...

UPDATE:
well, my mom doesnt like the idea of me getting 20 more macs on top of the 6 that i have... but she didnt say 'no' so i'd say 75% chance of getting them. where these are mostly LCs i should be able to fit a crapload of them into my car... so anyone who wants one (or more) is welcome to them if i get them if, as i said, you'll pay for shipping.

Edited by - alpaca2500 on 25 Oct 2002 13:40:15

Edited by - alpaca2500 on 25 Oct 2002 21:28:18Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  11:46:54
I'd probably be intereseted in a cpl, and I only live in Southwest PA, so shipping wouldn't be overly bad.

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |
Go to Top of Page

mathgeek

USA
113 Posts
Posted - 26 Oct 2002 :  13:03:42
I grew up in Portland Maine. My whole family is still there and my brother has a small army of old computers networked in his apartment. I'm sure I could talk him into getting some of these macs if the guy is close enough. One thing to not forget, Maine is a big state. It takes about 8 hours to drive from the southern tip to the northern tip, so it depends where this dude lives.

mathgeek

68K Macs Liberated: LC, Performa 636, Mac Classic II
My Powerbook 1400 page http://www.its.caltech.edu/~dgoulet/1400Go to Top of Page

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 26 Oct 2002 :  15:45:18
quote:
It takes about 8 hours to drive from the southern tip to the northern tip, so it depends where this dude lives.

he said lincoln county, about 35 minutes south of augusta (or something like that)

so, contrary to what i said earlier, i don't think i'm gonna make it up there to nab a crapload of free macs. my parents don't seem to like the idea ("isnt 4 computers enough?" yeah, right) not that they can stop me from doing it, but they'll probably be really pissed if i do...

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SEGo to Top of Page

dunbar

USA
87 Posts
Posted - 07 Nov 2002 :  11:13:15
Muuuuusssstt RRreeessssiiisssssstttt.......

Linux is my choice. Mac was my guide. M$ is not my friend.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.