All Forums
 LC / Performa
 LCIII not booting
Author Topic  
alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  21:34:20
ok, my LCIII won't boot. i popped the hard drive from my Q610 into it, it has 7.6.1 installed (which i thought worked on the LCIII) and all i get is the flashing question mark. the Q610 still boots fine with said hard drive. any thoughts?

the reason i need to use the LCIII is to use an apple IIe emulation card i just got. i downloaded the software, and noticed it's a bootable floppy, but it contains 6.0.8, which is incompatible with the LCIII (which really pisses me off, btw. i assume there is no way to get the LCIII to boot 6.0.8?)

another solution would be to obtain an LC or LC II, i suppose... i looked on ebay just now, couldnt find any (i'm kicking myself, cuase i missed a few LC auctions a few weeks ago)

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SE

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  00:47:50
Have you made sure that your SCSI terminatoin and stuff is set right? Sounds like a bit of bad SCSI voodoo to me. Btw, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to boot System 6.0.8 on an LCIII. I've been trying to find a way for years. I've ResEdited the HELL out of the OS to no avail.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  10:24:32
i think ive found a solution. at gamba's page, there is a sys 7.5 super booter that will load the system into a ram disk, which lets you then put another floppy in. i certainly have enough ram ( i just got some 32 meg simms for all of my 68k's)

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SEGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  14:16:48
Ah, glad to see you thought of that. I forgot about the SuperBooters!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.