Balloon Help
 My ethernet card hates me
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Dec 2001 :  00:46:37
Well, the time has come to get this damn ethernet card working that has been sitting in the back of my LC630CD since before i got it. After removing the card, i found that it is an Asante MCiLC, and a search online told me it was a MacConi LC. After finding the copy of the drivers on Asante's website was corrupted, i went to the Mac Driver Museum and downloaded them. So after screwing around with Open Transport for a while, after the drivers were installed, i decided i would put it in my LCII temporarily till i get it up and running, so i put it in the vacant LC PDS slot and start the Mac. I launch the installer, install the drivers, reboot and go into the Network control panel (the LCII is running System 7.1 with Classic Networking), and switch to EtherTalk. It switched to EtherTalk, and the orange light on the back of the ethernet card came on (the LED underneath the link light, which was already blinking...i was hooked into the iMac via a crossover cable), so i tried going into the Chooser and seeing if i can see the iMac. No servers come up in the Chooser. The iMac has File Sharing on, i checked about 10 times. I try going to the Chooser on the iMac and see if i can see the LCII. Nothing. I tried running MacPing on the iMac to "scour" the AppleTalk network for devices. No success. I checked the AppleTalk control panel on the iMac, and it was on Ethernet, and everything looks perfect, and TroubleShooter (an Asante diagnostic program) can't seem to find any troubles, though it did keep telling me "No response from any other Macintosh" when i launched it. For now i've given up so you guys can give me some input, and if you have something to share, please do because on Tuesday my 40 gig hd for the iMac will be coming, and i'll need to get all my data off the 6 gig and onto the 40 gig, and if i dont have this ethernet card working...well...i can't.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know the iMac's ethernet is okay, because i used it recently at a friend's house.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 24 Dec 2001 :  13:41:29
Have you checked the cable?

I've been having a similar problem with my Quadra 630 and a CommSlot card.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

~~"We are all Mad here."~~Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Dec 2001 :  16:04:53
quote:

Have you checked the cable?

I've been having a similar problem with my Quadra 630 and a CommSlot card.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

~~"We are all Mad here."~~

The cable should be alright...the link light on the back of the card comes on when i plug the crossover into the iMac.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.