Lounge
 Nerd/Geek Alert!!!
Author Topic  
SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  12:26:09
Hey folks!
I just wanted to make a short posting about my latest toy: It's a 'BitChar-G', or (in people-speak) a really tiny, itsy-bitsy remote-control car! Here's a link to an eBay auction for one similar to the one I bought:
quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1779541726

Anyway, mine is a direct-from-Japan-via-Korea version of this car, and it uses a radio frequency not allowed in the US, and it came with 3 different 'snap-on' bodies, two motors (one slow one at 20,000 RPM, the other an upgrade to 32,000 RPM!), and some other little tiny bits and parts. Anyway, this thing is a blast! I brought it to work today, and we've been playing with it for a while now. I want to figure out how to extent the range of the radio signal, as I can only get 5 or 10 feet right now, but even so, it's really fun.
Anyway, I can seriously recomend this as a great gift for the budding nerd/geek crowd, but I do have to warn that the parts for these things are tiny, and very hard to work with... which should be an indication that it might not be the best gift for the little ones...
Okay, I'm gonna go pla-, err work some more...
:-)
SpaceBoy
PS RadioShack is now selling their own version of this idea (called "ZipZaps"), but from everything I've heard, they're slower, have less range, fewer 'upgrades' and are harder to use then the 'real' ones from Japan. Just a word of caution.

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  13:00:24
I almost bought a similar micro-RC at the mall last Sunday. The vendor wanted $20. Maybe I'll go back and get it sometime...

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  14:39:59
CoOL!!!!!!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  15:39:07
Cool!!!

-danny

#############
#***********#
#*=========*#
#*=Hockey!=*#
#*=========*#
#***********#
#############
Go to Top of Page
Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  03:50:27
i found this site the other day whilst looking for a cheaper way to get original Zoids for my collection.

http://www.leoshop.com.tw/engshop/eng-zoids/index.htm
Anyway click on the link at the top for mini-rc, they have those cars and tanks too. Thinkgeek or whatever it's called also has mini RC tanks with lasers so you can play laser tag with them V.cool for playtime at the office

Edited by - gothikon on 24 Oct 2002 04:01:33Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  05:04:35
quote:

Thinkgeek or whatever it's called also has mini RC tanks with lasers so you can play laser tag with them V.cool for playtime at the office

http://www.leoshop.com.tw/eshop/toy/konami/combat/090758big.jpg

VERY cool, that "Tiger G", its a misnamed Panther tho. It's actually a German copy (with overly complex improvements) of the earlier T34/76 version of that T34/85. This is an historically accurate pair of combat playtoys.

I'm impressed even with the charicurization of the modeling.

iWant!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.