All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Wanted: IIfx NuBus video card for modern 17" mons
Author Topic  
MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  08:42:13
My IIfx has a basic 8-bit video card that supports old Mac monitors (and my NEC 4FG 15" MultiSynch, now deceased), but it won't run any modern multisynch PC monitors, even with an adaptor (of which I have several). So I'd like to upgrade the card, if I could find a better one, preferably one that will run a 17" with thousands of colors. Any offers?

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  11:54:44
I have a Radius PrecisionColor 24Xk that would do it. How about $16 (shipping included)? If you have PayPal I would be mucho appreciative!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  16:12:14
It's a deal if you'll include the RAM you were gonna send (apologies if you've sent it, but it ain't here yet).

I used PayPal once, but I think it's expired. I can easily send you a check. It'll be good--I promise!

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  16:33:56
I haven't sent the IIfx RAM yet, I was going to send it on Thursday...but that was a seperate deal...

If you could send an MO instead of a check I'd be eternally grateful! Not that I don't trust you, but checks, especially out-of-state checks, are almost impossible for me to cash.

Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  16:49:29
Yes, I can do a money order, if you prefer. Will e-mail you again with address(es). If you're sending a package, might as well include the RAM, and I can test them all together.

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  04:53:03
quote:

but checks, especially out-of-state checks, are almost impossible for me to cash.

Why should you have a problem? You don't 'cash' checks; you DEPOSIT them. I've run two businesses that depend on 'out-of-state checks' and I've never had a problem. Occasionally a check will bounce, but that's another story--I can understand your not wanting personal checks for that reason, but that's not what you said.

/Mr Lynn

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  05:10:14
quote:

Why should you have a problem? You don't 'cash' checks; you DEPOSIT them.

Can't speak for cimnemo', but theoretically speaking, if one were to "deposit" a check received as compensation for packing a cherished posession off to a new owner, said funds might come to the notice fo the CFO of the houshold (SAF) and for some unknown reason be entered into a general disbursements fund (an egregious bookkeeping error that might be less than obvious to some parties), whereas if it is cached "cashed" it automagically accrues to the IT toy budget where it belongs by any reasonnable and objective estimation.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  08:28:19
JT hit the PRAM battery on the head!

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  08:35:13
quote:

JT hit the PRAM battery on the head!

It seems to be the case that lamentable similarities crop up in what would appear to be quite significant frequencies across certain politically incorrect sub-groupings of humanity . . . in the eyes of this untrained observer, at any rate.

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 23 Oct 2002 08:36:24Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  09:05:29
You guys are (bleep)-whipped! I'm the current CFO of our establishment, and even when my wife was writing the checks, I still had no problem--if I bought something, she assumed I needed it. It's called 'trust'.

Here's a suggestion: Open your own account for buying and selling toys. Call it a 'business', and she won't mind--or know.

/Mr Lynn

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  09:11:11
Sorry Lynn, but my wife wears the pants in my house. At least I'm man enough to admit it!

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  09:26:42
quote:

You guys are (bleep)-whipped!

Not any more I'm not! Besides, even when I was, I think there's a fine line between prudent fecal avoidance strategy and betrayal of trust.

I suppose you answer all those "does this outfit make my . . ." kinda questions with complete honesty too! :rolleyes:

jt .

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  14:22:06
quote:

Sorry Lynn, but my wife wears the pants in my house. At least I'm man enough to admit it!

...And you wear the skirts

just kidding, but I agree with the seperate bank account thing, do something with online banking, and it is easier to keep seceret, or find a small local bank, make friends with the manager, and ask him not to send statements

Trash, in my limited experience, there is no correct answer to "Does this <insert article here> make me look fat?"

CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, a Quadra 650, and a Quadra 660AV
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple //s rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Oct 2002 :  15:33:11
quote:

Trash, in my limited experience, there is no correct answer to "Does this <insert article here> make me look fat?"

The best answer to that kinda question I've ever heard was:
Do I look stupid?

I'm trying very hard NOT to envision cinemo in a freakin' mu-mu, thanks a LOT for that particular image, comrade. :rolleyes:

jt .

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  21:06:42
I decided there was nothing constructive to add to the question of who does (or does not) wear the pants.

But cinemo has vanished into the aether (again), so I'll repeat: Send the goodies and I'll send an MO or two, in the amount(s) we agreed upon.

I got my son's Apple 14" monitor back (had to give him the new monitor I couldn't run without that video card--ahem!), so I could fire up the IIfx and actually see what it was doing. Works fine, but s-l-o-w-w-w-w. Hard to imagine I spent years working on it. A small infusion of RAM would doubtless help. . . .

E-mail me if there is any problem.

/Mr Lynn

The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn’t have a space program.
--Larry NivenGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  01:27:35
I'm still here, Lynn, I've just been busy with loads of other things. I sent off a 7100 to Scchicago and the hard drive was damaged en route so I have to get a replacement sent , and I'm also expecting a cachet of Nubus cards from the maniac soon. Give me another week, by then my G4 anxiety may have blown over and I may even have some money left over to send the video card and IIfx RAM to you!

Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  09:31:40
Thanks for the response. There is no huge rush, but it's nice to know it's in the works. Let me know if you anticipate any further delay.

/Mr Lynn

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 20 Nov 2002 :  07:41:30
Cinemafia: Did you get my email note a couple of days ago? I need to know if you want to go ahead with the video card and RAM deal(s) that we discussed. If not, I will pursue some leads from the LEM Swap List. Please let me know ASAP.

TIA,

/Mr Lynn

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.