Lounge
 Not a liberation, or even a 68k...
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  02:03:35
...but I was looking around the local CARE shop, which basically sells donated 2nd-hand stuff. As I peeped through the handbag racks I find a laptop bag! oooee! my 540c didn't have anything to be carried around in, and now she does :). and for all of $2.50 ($1.35US... ish :)

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  02:42:18
Nice! My ill-fated 180c came with a laptop bag. I remember when i got it, how Mum didn't want me getting it at first, but then when i came home on the train i was carrying a laptop case, which raised the PAF dramatically. God knows what the heck all the fuss about the bag was, but oh well, at least my preciouis 145B now has a skin of its own!

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  11:41:21
I got a cool shoulder bag from Ikea for $10, that would make a good laptop bag...if I had a laptop. <weeps>

At present I use it to house my sketchbook, watercolors, pencils, and journals.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  21:25:28
My PowerBook 100 came in a "PowerCase", pretty good condition... I still use the big bag my Compaq Contura 3/25 came in... not that it's a HUGE laptop, but it's a nice big bag, i use it for my school stuff :) I'm the only one in school who gets asked daily if he has a laptop.

we have one of those Ikea messenger bags too... they make good playstation2 carrying bags, 4 games, all cables, the PS2 and you just pop the controller into your pocket

the contura... it's turned into more of a console... but then i started ripping the guts out more and it's keyboard is mostly shot.. and when it does work it is funny to type on even for a laptop keyboard, so i use a serial mouse and a ps2 keyboard, then i could lput it all in a little box and call it the EverBox...
ooOOoo...
EverBoXX :) saving that name for a mac... or a server or part of a cluster supercomputing project

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 19 Oct 2002 :  13:45:49
I carry an SE/30 around in a Compact Mac Carrying case...

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 19 Oct 2002 :  14:23:30
quote:

I carry an SE/30 around in a Compact Mac Carrying case...

I have one of those! I've also carried a custom built SlimLine 386SX25, then my MacIIx/Rocket33, later my DuoDock/230/PowerCD/Logitech ScanMan and then after that my Quadra 630 and most recently my 2300c with the Dock setup in a matching ImageWriter LQ Carrying Case that I used originally for my ImageWriter Wide Carriage/ThunderScan when the SE/Radius16 in my Compact Mac Carry Bag was my main machine!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 19 Oct 2002 :  19:58:05
I still have the compact-Mac bag I used to carry my SE to and from 'vacations' to visit relatives. Didn't have a laptop. Come to think of it, still don't have a laptop. Maybe it's time.

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 20 Oct 2002 :  00:34:42
Hehe, i have a compact Mac carrying case - the real Apple one. Came with my 128k. Great lil bag.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  08:52:50
Mine's a real Apple one too.

OMG! Trash, you have a ImageWriter Wide Carriage?

You LUCKY guy...

I'm useing my IWII as an output on the IIfx silly-scope... the programming for it is weird tho.

Anyone have a copy of CodeWarrior 1 or 2? I have 4, 5 and 8... need the old ones to help programme these National Instruments card.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  09:55:22
quote:

Mine's a real Apple one too.

OMG! Trash, you have a ImageWriter Wide Carriage?

You LUCKY guy...

I'm useing my IWII as an output on the IIfx silly-scope... the programming for it is weird tho.

Oooooh Yeaaaaaah! I've got the BIG@$$ImageBanger! It fed thru the same 15" sprocketed paper as the 15" Gerber vinyl cutting plotters used, which was very handy for running ThunderScan, with which the later LQ print head/ribbon cartridge carrier wasn't compatible.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.