All Forums
 LC / Performa
 15" monitor on an LC?
Author Topic  
mathgeek

USA
113 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2001 :  18:08:11
I'm trying to get my apple Multiple Scan 15" monitor to work with an LC I saved from a thrift store for $15.
The LC and monitor both support 640x480. But when I hook it up, I see triple images of everything overlapping. I know the monitor works because I use it everyday on my 6100. The refresh rates seem to be compatible too because applespec says the LC supports 60-75Hz verticle refresh and 31-57Hz horizontal refresh. The monitor supports various refresh rates in this range depending on if it's in Macintosh, VGA or SVGA mode.
Basically this is all I know. I'm stuck! Any thoughts?

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 18 Dec 2001 :  23:38:54
Have you tried hooking the LC to another display? There could be a possibility that the video circuitry on the logic board could be dead, which would mean you would need to replace the logic board to get it working again. Really, this can be the only cause to the problem, as i have successfully used the exact same model monitor as you have on an LC.

Btw, if it is the logic board at fault, don't get another LC board. Steal a fan and speaker from a dead LCII or something, put that where the big fan/speaker assembly normally goes, and get yourself a nice LCIII or LC475 logic board. With a 16 or 32 meg 72 pin SIMM and a bigger hard drive (preferably 160 meg or bigger) you'll have yourself a very nice computer!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 19 Dec 2001 :  07:16:01
ugh. Could we not cross-post please? I know I may not be so helpful, but when the topic is in 2 different sections it just gets confusing and annoying.

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator
68k Macintosh Liberation ArmyGo to Top of Page

mathgeek

USA
113 Posts
Posted - 24 Dec 2001 :  14:47:56
You got an original LC to work with an Apple Multi Scan 15" monitor? Without an adapter of any kind?
I suspect there might be two types of Multi Scan 15" monitors. The manual I have for mine shows that the monitor connects to the computer via a male-male DB-15 cable. But in reality the cable is hard wired to the monitor and has a male DB-15 connector on one end. Either the manual is wrong, or there are two types of Multiscan 15" monitors.
Which type is yours?

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Dec 2001 :  16:16:51
Nope, i didn't use an adapter of any kind. The one that I used had a plug in the back for you to connect a cable, if that helps.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.