Lounge
 Finally...I'VE SEEN ONE!!!!!!!
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  05:37:22
Well, it finally happened. I saw (and used) a Titanium PowerBook G4. I know you must think i live in a cave or something, but this is a largely PC community, and buyers of high end Macs are rare. However, this afternoon at the Shop one of the techs was setting up some iBooks and a Ti that just came in. I asked if i could unbox and have a look at the Ti. He said to go for it. I couldn't believe it. This the most beautiful laptop ever. A TiBook is DEFINATELY going to be my next new Mac...when i can afford one, that is. Heavy little sucker though. Its amazing what they can cram into a small space. And the screen is just fricken beautiful.

I also got a chance to check out a brand new iPod 5 GB, too. This thing is TINY! Its about half the size i thought it would be! Gawd i was in for a surprise! The screen is nice, too, for a small text screen. What font is that, anyway? It sorta reminds me of Chicago. And i LOVE the glossy back panel, too. It sorta looks like glass or something, i dunno. Either way, both the TiBook and the iPod are absolutely fricken beautiful, and the only bad thing i can see about them both is that, well, i don't have one.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6

Edit - I forgot to mention her sex appeal, of all things! When they say this thing is sexy, they're right. It has more sex appeal than a freakin' pristine condition fully maxed out LC575! (Yes, i know i have no life, saying things like this about a computer...)

Edited by - maclover5 on 16 Oct 2002 05:42:21

benightedbastard

Australia
62 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  06:15:14
Of course it's Chicago! Didn't you know the iPod runs System 6?Go to Top of Page
~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  06:28:48
Heh, next time you're in the region you can have a go of my 10 gigger iPod: it's even better!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  17:21:02
yeah... good machines those PowerBooks are... i'm hoping on getting one :) ahh... that's the life... the best mac in the world that can emulate a PC faster than a real PC can run :) WHEEE now THAT is fun.

"PowerBook G4, the center of MY mac home entertainment center"

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  16:49:33
I thought the Ipod was somewhere between a palm pilot and a newton MP2000 (in size, but in style, the Ipod wins) but when I saw one, and picked it up for the first time... WOW! then I played breakout while listening to bare naked ladies! muahahaha!

THnx
"I like toast! it's fireproof!"

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  17:14:34
Damn...I'd really love to get a TiBook, too. I could actually afford a 500 or maybe even 667, but I wouldn't be able to run Shake...of course, sheer wow factor alove would soon drown out that minor discrepency.

The SAF sorta prevents it, though. My wife hates laptops, namely the trackpad. But, I explained that I could attach a seperate keyboard, mouse or even monitor to it when at home!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.