2 questions: aaui tranceiver and nubus adapter
Author Topic  
alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  15:12:13
is this what i need to be able to put nubus cards in my quadra 610:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2061866018

and, igot an asante aaui to rj45 tranceiver on ebay, do i need drivers for this? there's no information on their site about drivers for it, but dont they just have a generic installer for a lot of their old ethernet products? (e.g. i had a floppy image i downloaded to install stuff for a pds ethernet card...)

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SE

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  15:19:03
quote:

is this what i need to be able to put nubus cards in my quadra 610:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2061866018

Yup, but I just got two brand new ones from Shreve for $2 ea. and the shipping will probably be LESS! And they've got lots of other goodies on clearance!

AAUI transceivers shouldn't need any drivers no matter who they're from.

jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  17:18:19
quote:

AAUI transceivers shouldn't need any drivers no matter who they're from.

Agreed.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

alpaca2500

USA
102 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  18:01:13
i finally got the aaui tranceiver working. i upgraded from 7.5.5 to 7.6.1 and now it magically works. also , it's connected though the lc pds ethernet card i mentioned in the peripherals forum. dont know why it would that would be different compared to connecting it right to my hub, so i guess it was the software?

--
Performa 630
LCIII
SEGo to Top of Page

Psychomac
Starting Member

Azerbaijan
1 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  20:26:55
This adapter in the ebay auction fits in a IIsi, and maybe other models. It goes from one size of nubus slot to another and gives the 90-degree angle needed for the low-profile cases. However,the Quadra 610 has a unique PDS slot on the mobo... not a nubus slot. I don't think the adapter pictured in the auction will do work in your Quadra 610.Go to Top of Page
alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  22:55:28
quote:

This adapter in the ebay auction fits in a IIsi, and maybe other models. It goes from one size of nubus slot to another and gives the 90-degree angle needed for the low-profile cases. However,the Quadra 610 has a unique PDS slot on the mobo... not a nubus slot. I don't think the adapter pictured in the auction will do work in your Quadra 610.

OOPS! You're right, I goofed by not reading or looking at the connector, which is called a Eurocard DIN, IIRC. The 030 PDS is the120 pin connector and the NuBus has less (too tired to bother looking it up) pins because the signals are multiplexed.

The 610 adapter is an edgecard connector, similar to the type used for PCI slots.

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.