All Forums
 68k Software
 Any Programmers In The House?
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  00:49:00
This is a small cry for help in the Macintosh emulation scene. There is a nice utility at http://sourceforge.net/projects/vaporcd/ that can emulate a complete IDE CD-ROM.

What I am asking is if anyone who is good at programming could use the source code and make a Virtual Hard Disk program. Because currently in emulation we are forced to use disk images which lack the look and feel of real SCSI Volumes. However, when you enabled ASPI in Basilsik II you can mount any IDE device as a SCSI device within the Macintosh.

It would be really good to have this program. I know many still have thier actual Macs...myself I got a free LC III at a Mac computer shop and i have no way of testing whether it works. But I can use it via emulation.. which means for me it's legal and I have liberated it. :)

I am not a programmer unfortuneatly.. :( but hopefully there is someone who could have a peek at the source code and see maybe it would be that hard to add random read/write block IDE support. :)

My goal in the next while is to liberate as many Mac Roms as I can. Because sad to say allot of times they throw the whole machine out when the rom can still be put to good use. The ROM is like the soul of every Macintosh. :)

So there is my wish. Have I beena good enough boy so Santa will grant it? :D

Citon x600

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  13:41:41
I'm learning real basic so i'd probably not be very much help sry.

-Danny
Forum: http://www24.brinkster.com/catsdorule1/
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

II2II

Canada
115 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  15:40:55
quote:

What I am asking is if anyone who is good at programming could use the source code and make a Virtual Hard Disk program. Because currently in emulation we are forced to use disk images which lack the look and feel of real SCSI Volumes. However, when you enabled ASPI in Basilsik II you can mount any IDE device as a SCSI device within the Macintosh.

I'm not clear on what you are asking for. Are you interested in mounting disk images in a manner similar to Disk Copy?Go to Top of Page

Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  17:26:43
No.

The VaporCD program emulates a complete hardware CD-ROM. This can be mapped into the Virtual Macintosh as a "real" SCSI CD-ROM. So Mac OS treats it like any other SCSI device on the chain.

I would like to have the ability to have this program emulate a complete IDE Hard Disk within windows. Then can use this virtual hard disk as a real SCSI device in the Virtual macintosh.

To give you an example, right now I have ASPI installed on Windows. When I start my Macintosh (Virtual One) I have the option of mounting the current "physical" hard disks I have in my computer as SCSI device within the macintosh. Only trouble is that: a.) the drive may not be supported, b.) I already have data on the drive c.) having a drive mounted in windows and mac can corrupt it.

So i want a virtual hard disk so I can have real SCSI device within the virtual Mac.

Does this make sense? If not e-mail me, citonx600@telus.net and I will try and explain. :D Today is not my day.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.