All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 PB 520c and parts
Author Topic  
jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  06:52:16
Here's the story... A while back I swapped foetid a 12-port hub for some PB 500 parts described as "enough to build 1, possibly two systems". After a lot of work and at least one ebay auction, I ended up with a "working" 520c and a pile of parts comprising most of a 520. At this stage, though, I realize that I need to reduce the number of "projects", so I figure I'd offer them here...

First, the 520c-

PowerBook 520c, 12/320. It appears to work fine with one exception, the bottom half of the LCD intersperses the display with a repeating pattern of what appear to be yellow, cyan, and magenta lines. (I assume that this is a problem with the LCD since it only affects the bottom half of the screen and looks a lot like similar problems on Duo passive greyscale screens. I've been told, though, that it might also be a cable problem.) Display hinges solid (bezels replaced from ebay
auction), display access covers and port covers intact, small chip
missing from "trim" near port cover. It needs a new PRAM battery and
could use an adjustment of the spring in the left battery bay. Includes AC adapter and three batteries in various states of deadness.

NOTE: I'd like to sell this as a package, so please don't ask about specific pieces like the AC adapter.

Now the 520 parts- More or less a complete 520, 12/160. A few pieces are definately missing including one clutch, the HD mounting tray, the
trackpad, and a number of screws. The case was painted in an "interesting" style and should probably be considered a loss (unless you're into such a thing. Motherboard/CPU/Memory/HD should be fine. LCD is intact, but I could never get anything other than a solid black display (I don't know if this is the LCD or the inverter/interface boards.)

Again, I'd like to sell this as a unit, to keep my life simple.

Looking for offers of cash or trades. In particular, I'd trade the "parts" in a heartbeat for a Duo AC adapter. Will consider other PB
items (I wouldn't mind rebuilding a 1400 for my next trick :-), also
would consider part/full trades for DB15 M-M video cables and straight
ADB cables.

Beyond that, tempt me... :-)

Thanks...

<<<john>>>

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  07:25:06
How much you want for it? I decided I want a 500 series laptop again....

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  08:35:23
quote:

How much you want for it? I decided I want a 500 series laptop again....

Honestly, I don't know... I've got $16 invested in the replacement bezel, but the rest is just my time (it was fun... just don't have enough time to take the project to fruition.

I assume you saw my comments on the display issues.

Just make me an offer...

<<<john>>>Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  10:18:24
$25? more?

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  12:12:44
quote:

$25? more?

Sold. Cover postage and you can have the parts one, too.

Send me an email and we'll wrap this up.

<<<john>>>Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.