68k Conquests
 PDS BONANZA! & misc. goodies . . .
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  11:06:42
I got my clearance item care package today and it wasn't quite what I expected.

I ordered an FM/TV Tuner cuz my other 4 630 sets only have TV and tuner is dead . . . but it came with another Video Card!

The two Rasterops Clearview/GS30's I ordered came in two very different boxes, but the one with no model # onnit was clearly labeled GS/30 in magic marker . . . but there was a Colorboard 264/SE30 in the box with EVERYTHING except the User Manual!!!!! So I've got a 24bit 640x480 SE/30 card that'll do System 7.5! along with the bigscreen GrayScale SE/30 card!

. . . and the two extra PAS16 LC's I ordered for $2 ea. that I expected to be bare cards were nearly complete packages with CARDS, CABLES AND BREAKOUT BOXEN!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . I think I'll go play the lotto now!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  12:27:22
If you're not terribly attached to those LC PDS PAS16's, I wouldn't mind buying/trading for one to try one out on my NES/475!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  12:57:30
quote:

If you're not terribly attached to those LC PDS PAS16's, I wouldn't mind buying/trading for one to try one out on my NES/475!

Just order a few from Shreve at $2 each and see what comes in the box!

btw, my other Rasterops Clearview/GS30 turned out defective too . . . it's not a bigscreen grayscale card for an SE/30, even tho that's what the box, the manual and the nameplate on the slot cover blank for the cable say. But the cable looked wrong according to the description in the manual, so I read the model number on the card itself. It won't even do 1024/768 at 75Hz like I was expecting it to, it'll only do it at 60Hz . . . IN 8 BIT COLOR! It's a freakin Colorboard 108+/30!!!!!!!

That's TWO alleged GS/30 cards that turned out to be color cards for $10 ea!

I really AM gonna go play the lotto now!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

p.s. . . . must be onna roll, last night I picked up the ThunderStorm DSP accelerator for using Adobe Premiere with the VideoVision Studio and Photoshop from eBay from my friend. He remembered that he'd found the manual for the VideoVision Studio card he'd given me! Now I've got the whole package except for the original box!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 10 Oct 2002 13:09:12Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  14:31:32

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  14:37:03
iWant!

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

gdogkzo

147 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  14:40:05
Bastards! I called shreve and they wont let me use my dad's CC to order soemthing. Now i need to wait until he gets home. They sure piss me off sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  16:54:52
go figure. everyone else is getting lucky (NO not in that way... PERVERT!) and you can see me and my world crash down around me. life just likes to build up my hopes that I might accually be happy for an extended period of time, but then everything blows up in my face. thank you for reading my weekly emotional outburst.

P.S.
if you DO win the lottery, I'll go insane, and most likely end up killing myself.

ThhnXNX
"that would make a dandy clock!"

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.