All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Anybody with 68k Needs?
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 15 Dec 2001 :  21:17:58
If you guys need anything please state here i got many things i need to sell for money so just tell me what you are looking for. Thanks

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closers"
Napolean

My AOL, AIM Sceen name is got 007s milk

Covert Ops
N.F.C Newton Force Captain
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 15 Dec 2001 :  22:41:25
Yeah man, I've got a post up with stuff I need in it. I need a power supply for a Q8xx / PM 8xxx and a motherboard power cable for a Q840av and/or Q800. I need a case for one of those, as well. I assume that an 840av case is simply an 800 case with RCA jacks, but I've never had one so I don't know. Also, I'd like one of those Rhapsody/Copland CD's. I emailed you about it but you never wrote back.

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ Macs liberated: 6 }
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 15 Dec 2001 :  23:07:18
Well i dont have any of the stuff that you are looking for but im sure others do i just sold my q800 protype. Ahh i got your email but my mac.com email has been acting funny so yea i have both of them but i have no way to transport them to you. I post a forum in a another section that i can make a server if people can donate RAM, hard drives, AAUI adapters, and network cards. If i get the server up i can give you like a account for that and i wont charge you or ne thing.Ok well hope you find your parts thanks!

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closers"
Napolean

Covert Ops
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

Brian Hyer
Starting Member

3 Posts
Posted - 05 Jan 2002 :  13:43:55
I need an internal SCSI drive that'll fit in a Powerbook 180c... I'm refurbishing it so I can donate it to my dart league for stat keeping, and everything else works!

Anyone with one they're willing to sell/donate/throw at me, please respond to bmhyer@ameritech.net. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 05 Jan 2002 :  21:01:51
quote:

i can make a server if people can donate RAM, hard drives, AAUI adapters, and network cards. If i get the server up i can give you like a account for that and i wont charge you or ne thing.Ok well hope you find your parts thanks!

Jesus! Get a job!

All you need is a computer with at least 650mb of free hard disk space (assuming Rapshody takes up the entire CD). I'm sure you have at least one you can use as server for like a week. If that computer has AAUI, then just use the transeiver candyPunk sent you (he did send it, right?). You don't need much RAM. Just get an older version of HL and <figure of speech>go to town</figure of speech>

sheesh

Also, why don't you list the items you have available for sale instead of having people blindly ask for hardware you don't have.

*shakes head in disbelief*

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator

Edited by - FireWire is fast on 05 Jan 2002 21:05:23Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 05 Jan 2002 :  22:16:04
What are u talking about this topic is like almost a month old!!! I now have a great thanked AAUI comming in mail from CandyPunk who i am sending some stuff too. I got a 750meg HD, and 40 meg ram. I would get a job but i cant cause no where i live atleast hires 15 1/2 teens! but when i turn 16 im gettin a job at the local pizza place, best buy, and CompUSA which where im pretty much hired cause the guy who runs things is the president of the mac users group of my town and i know him well!! ok thanks

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer"
Napolean

Covert Ops
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 06 Jan 2002 :  21:58:15
Whups. Let my temper get the best of me.

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator
68k Macintosh Liberation ArmyGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 08 Jan 2002 :  17:43:47
[quote]
Whups. Let my temper get the best of me.

I'm impressed, admission of error and and a quick apology.
Good job moderator, we're all human, those outside Redmond anyway.

Did you ever get the Portrait Monitor running?

I had to make an adapter to get mine to work with the currently available 3-coax cable (never heard of a 2-coax version). Worked without it, but two pages worth of pixels on in portrait format looked like that Paula Abdul Video from about the time the monitor was new. That was one elegant solution for getting the camera to TAKE OFF 15 pounds, but Quicken Registers shouldn't look skinny.

Anybody got a video card for a Quadra630 that does Portrait & 2-Page
resolutions at 16bits (minimum)?

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 08 Jan 2002 :  22:00:50
Well about that portrait display...Marchie originally sent me the cable via 2-day priority mail (USPS). For some reason they sent it back to him (i think they though it was mis-labeled for some reason). He sent it again. Again they sent it back to him. He mailed it for the third time today and it hopefully will be here in 2 days *crosses fingers*

The 630 just doesn't support the portrait display with the built in video. You could get a PDS video card and try that, but I don't know if you could get one that would necessarily work the the portrait display. I know apple only made a Nubus portrait display card

About that cable, the 2coax version isn't for the portrait display. It's for some other nifty-vintage-apple display that has 2 ADB ports (perhaps full-page monochrome display?)

[edited to add info about 630 and 2coax cable]

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
Forum moderator

Edited by - FireWire is fast on 08 Jan 2002 22:08:14Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 09 Jan 2002 :  20:02:59
quote:

PDS video card

That's what I was asking about. Did they make different versions of the standard board?

quote:

About that cable, the 2coax version isn't for the portrait display. It's for some other nifty-vintage-apple display that has 2 ADB ports (perhaps full-page monochrome display?)

My "Macintosh Portrait Display" is a grayscale FPD (CRT is actually RGB) with 3 ADB sockets on the back, what monochrome FPD are you referring to and what are the specs on your monitor? Sounds more like Y & C channels for NTSC video output, does anyone know how the pinouts for the coax signals compare whith the 3 signal cable's?

curioser & curioser...

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.