All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 Portrait display interference
Author Topic  
bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 05 Oct 2002 :  02:38:09
I 've recently joined the ranks of Apple portrait users. Beautiful picture, however it causes a huge amount of interference to the picture of any monitor placed beside it. I'd like to have it and a 15" colour screen hooked up to the 8100, but when the portrait is switched on, the picture on the 15 incher pulses and waves around as if its being viewed underwater.

Any thoughts on whether this si a common issue with the portraits, or is mine emitting more radiation than it should and slowly frying my eyeballs?

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 05 Oct 2002 :  06:26:59
Actually, supposedly even a few sheets of alu. foil (and maybe even connected to ground!) will stop most interference...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 Oct 2002 :  06:28:41
quote:

IAny thoughts on whether this si a common issue with the portraits, or is mine emitting more radiation than it should and slowly frying my eyeballs?

If you really wanna see it shake-rattle-n-roll, power it up when it's not being driven by a video signal, it's MUCH worse! I'm leaving mine off unless I really need the second screen for bookkeeping until I can build a new (bigger) desk with a fitted galvanized cable lift/cooling chimney/screen shade/RFI shield. It'll be interesting when my Radius FPD arrives to put on the other side of my 21" monitor . . . maybe the interference will cancel out the Portrait and I won't need to bother.

The funny thing is, when I set up the portrait at first, it made me think the old 20" Radius was finally starting to die, so I started looking around and nabbed the 21" Radius on eBay. It doesn't line up as perfectly as the 20" Rasius did with the Portrait on a feetsbox lift, but I can live with it!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 05 Oct 2002 06:30:49Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 05 Oct 2002 :  15:51:08
Hey! Something I just noticed (although I'm sure its not news to any on the posters in THIS topic)...

The portrait's got feets!

A couple of little skinny ones just under the front edge.

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.