All Forums
 68k Conquests
 I just couldn't resist...
Author Topic  
bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 05 Oct 2002 :  02:23:55
A quick trip to the thrift shop today saw me hauling home a classic ($3), an apple onescanner ($5) and an unopened copy of Norton essentials for powerbook v1.1 ($2).

At this point it seems like the classic might be destined to become a fishtank. The case is almost immaculate, but when switched on the screen shows the dreaded checkerboard pattern of death. Cmd-opt-x-o doesn't seem to help. I guess I'll pull it apart and check for loose RAM etc. before making any drastic hacks.

I'm about to give the scanner a test, so wish me luck...

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02

alphamatrix

USA
60 Posts
Posted - 06 Oct 2002 :  12:14:26
Good luck!

=======================
Anything that does not kill power is killed by power.
::68k: Classic (1)LC (1) LC II(1) Other: iMac DV SE, PM7500 -200Mhz, PM7200 -75Mhz, Apple //c::
Carracho: knowledge.mine.nuGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  02:39:54
Oooh! Nice find! Keep an eye on the SAF though. Sounds like you're starting to brush up against the limits....which can be dangerous, trust me...

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  06:16:41
In my case the SAF is limited to a constant simmer. Whenever the pot starts to boil over a quick reminder about the FRIGGIN FULL SIZE FLOOR LOOM THATS BEEN USED ONCE AND IS HOGGING HALF MY GARAGE SPACE is normally enough to restore a proper perspective to things.

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  08:38:40
quote:

In my case the SAF is limited to a constant simmer. Whenever the pot starts to boil over a quick reminder about the FRIGGIN FULL SIZE FLOOR LOOM THATS BEEN USED ONCE AND IS HOGGING HALF MY GARAGE SPACE is normally enough to restore a proper perspective to things.

HAR! That's almost as perfect as being able to point out that the "old camera" you'd wanted half your life and paid $1,500 for, had appreciated to somewhere between $20k and $30k a couple of years later (before the Japanese economy melted down) and that you had been hounded mercilessly (even up to the edge reacting with uncivilized behavior ) until you grudgingly sold it for a $50 profit after owning it for just 6 months.

On second thought . . . having that freakin' loom physically present to point to might actually be better!

. . . unless of course . . . she sells it!

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.