All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 ShouldIBeDemoted?/TheHeatedDebate
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  03:06:56
I would like to pick up on the disscussion between trash & stryder.

fFirstly JT is of the opinion that I took offence to him through a joke he & cinemo had about cinemo's 840av.

This is not true. This is false.

I took offence to trash because it felt like every time I made a positive suggestion trash would reply with a negative comment.

I realised there was a problem & so addressed the issue & spent some time trying to find out more about trashes charachter.

AFAIC trashes character is good to have about.

Now, we all have charachters & we all do something that annoy's someone else.

I am apparently terrible for it? I personally think I have a cheeky, English sarcastic wit. Others do not see it so?

As for trash, he reminds me of charachters I have worked with in real life. Sometimes ppl make themselves a niche through having a very strong charachter & can scare newcomers/youngsters.

You are a powerful & successful man trash & therefore you can tend to appear threatening.

There is nothing "wrong" with trashes personality.

There is nothing "wrong" with my personality.

There is nothing "wrong" with stryders personality.

I have learned alot & working for a collective is a skill to be learnt.

I am here to make the forums successful & for this reason I work with all members here, even the ones I am not so keen on.

The debate that went on between trash & stryder lost interest & focus. I just skimmed through most of it!

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, 128MB ram, 2MB vram, cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)
1.2 gig drive, 4.23 gig drive
3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem,
Stylewriter 1200, Umax 1220s scanner

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  03:28:20
quote:

You are a powerful & successful man trash & therefore you can tend to appear threatening.

Watch out, forum-goers! :eek!:

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  07:51:36
quote:

quote:

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0

(This isn't directed at Trash in any way, just the comment as you can tell. I don't really agree that Trash is intimidating. Negative at times? Maybe. That was partly where my reaction came from.)

To those easily impressed by power or wealth, I suppose. Those that stay grounded and see people for what they are "People", then you see them as no better than you or me. There ae only two things that keep the supposed classes from interacting with one-another. One is the fear that you're speaking of Shakti. Nine times out of ten you'll find that willing ear as long as you have you're thoughts in order. The second is Snobbish attitude. That's something I just can't stand. I don't care who someone is, they act like that , then they're nothing but a jacka$$. You can take any C.E.O. and know that without those under them, they'd have no job, money, or power. Heck the more I watch the news, the more I see C.E.O.'s getting a bad reputation for basic thievery of the their company's asset's. Is that really someone to look up to or fear? It's those that don't forget their beginnings to keep an eye on. Those that stay possitive and open to all around them. Those are the people that instill loyalty, optimism, and over-all, a future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As for Trash, I feel that he considers carefully, than makes his mind up and stands by it stubornly, (As I often do myself). I believe he looks for the negative more often, not to be a pain, but more to underscore where something could go if taken in the wrong direction. Although I usually take to the other side of things to see all the good possibilities an action may merit, I also have found I've worked best with other people that do the same as Trash. Normally the outcome that is acceptable by both parties will be clear,concise, and fair.

"One slip and down the hole we fall"

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  08:47:33
I don't know what a CEO is.

shaktiman

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  10:45:28
quote:

quote:

*giggles uncontrollably at the thought of being perceived as a powerful & successful man!* *tries to figure out how to spell "ne'er do well" . . . becomes frustrated . . . gives up!*

*takes out frustration by clipping fearless admin on the back of the head for getting cheeky!*

*leaves without saying a word*

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  12:00:39
ROFLMAO That was good!

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  18:29:13
*donk!* Hey! Don't make me get out my Stick of Justice™!

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  18:37:33
quote:

*donk!* Hey! Don't make me get out my Stick of Justice™!

* Moves Estwing 22 oz. Framing Hammer of Doom Justice next to computer.*

jt .

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  19:40:09
*brandishes his IIfx ROM SIMM of personal enchantment for no reason other than to look tough*

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  20:03:10
Aww man, look what you did Shakti,....you got them going again. Now I'm gonna need the kids wiffle-ball bat handy. I especially don't want to where the criss-cross of the Estwing (nice hammer by the way), as it's blue grip is grasped by a giggling, powerful, and successful man on the verge of taking out people that get cheeky with him. ROFLMAO, I still can't stop laughing from that first post in this thread from Trash. It was too perfect. Either that or I'm still giddy from all my trips into that other thread room with all that.....GAS.

Kady Mae

USA
261 Posts
Posted - 02 Oct 2002 :  21:56:47
Takes out her Wand of Scarcasm(tm) to show the young'uns what it's all about.

I've not yet had to use the WoS on these boards.

Pray I never do.

It neeners, toasts, roasts, broils, deep fries, and Darths.

It's equal in power to the Mace of Bitterness and Vitriol as well as the Lance of Sweet Retorts +10.

68K's liberated: 4
68Ks adopted to loving homes: 2
PowerMacs adopted: 1Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2002 :  06:14:19
you're all bl**dy nuts!

68k ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2002 :  10:52:35
Cheers for the humourous replies [;-)]

I don't have a stick of anyting, but as I am Shaktiman I warn use all that if use is taking the mickey outa me I may have to "wup"(I believe that to be an American term & therefore believe most of you will understand it) use all down, utilising my superhuman powers innit.

PS: Of course I do have a stick but I don't plan to use it on anyone I've met here[:-0]

shaktiman

Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  17:46:49
Hey shakti, you forgot my position in that debate I agree with stryder, and trash equally (though, sorry srtyder, trash's reply is more humerous)
Oh well, lets start more heated debates, though trying not to get @ each others throats.
anyway, good luck all
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
Guardian of Obsolete Equipment
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple // series rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  22:28:40
*removes LC/Performa Iron Bar from custom-crafted protector and waits quietly*

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  05:33:46
Well I don't have any formally recognised weapons but a Quartermaster is never without a nailgun, a crowbar and a several bags of rubber bands. Not to mention me being able to throw a tarpaulin over the lot of ya to calm u down

Anywayyy.... JT was one of the first ppl to welcome me in, along with cinemo, so I have always liked them. No offense to Stryder, he seems a nice guy too

I have to say JT did upset me once when he took the Micheal out of my 840av but I realised (after an initial red haze and trying to stop myself replying to hastily) that it was all in jest, he's just 'avin a larrrf as we say...

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Holder of the Crowbar of Persistan Crate Opening
"Remeber, all I am offering is the truth" - Morpheus (The Matrix)Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  06:03:19
quote:

I have to say JT did upset me once when he took the Micheal out of my 840av but I realised (after an initial red haze and trying to stop myself replying to hastily) that it was all in jest, he's just 'avin a larrrf as we say...

jt .

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.