All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 The ad is gone!
Author Topic  
catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 26 Sep 2002 :  21:57:13
I just found out that the ad is gone! I wonder why...

-Danny
Forum: http://www24.brinkster.com/catsdorule1/
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 26 Sep 2002 :  22:01:37
Just noticed myself... wonder what happened!
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Sep 2002 :  22:21:50
He he he... I've been making a few little changes here and there, I wonder who can spot them?

Seriously though, the main ones are the removal of the ad banner and the changeover of icons & widgets still hosted on the old iTools site.
Why? Well, nobody really wanted T-shirts, and as I found out with one customer, my bank is not very friendly with US checks (sorry Mr Lynn...)
So, for international orders at least, my t-shirt 'business' is not going ahead.
I was, however, thinking about setting up an account with one of those online places - it's be more expensive but at least it'd be on time and without too much hassle...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 01 Oct 2002 :  05:05:39
Wait! I'm going to try a postal money order, and if that works, ~Coxy can take international orders. But the rest of you have to start ordering! I can't be the only soldier in uniform!

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  10:49:07
Update: International Postal Money Orders are no good in Awstraylia, but Western Union ones should be (I'm waiting for ~Coxy to confirm that).

Until ~Coxy figures out whether he can accept our foreign money, you can find Happy Mac T-shirts and other paraphenalia at the Joy of Tech site: http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=geekculture9

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  20:16:40
I've given up trying to do things with my bank.
Australian orders are still OK, though.

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  21:25:01
Whats up with the ad space for rent, anyway, ~Coxy?

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  05:29:27
It's instead of the Literature Classics tagline.
Anyway, I was thinking about putting in ads to generate revenue.

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  05:52:06
As long as there aren't pop ups!!!

Banners are fine, and if I'm on a page that i like, I usually click them because I know it pays for the site I'm on. I'm sure most users here would share the same opinion on that. These forums have gone very well, and except for the occaisional asp crash, have been always reachable.

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  06:16:27
Good point. As long as you don't start introducing frames and flash animations and other evils.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  14:21:05
quote:

I've given up trying to do things with my bank.
Australian orders are still OK, though.

~Coxy, Western Union money orders ought to be just as good as cash. All the Brazilians in town use them. There is no reason why a bank wouldn't accept them. What did they say?

/Mr Lynn

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  16:53:22
Mainly that you can't deposit them in an Autobank (ATM). And I'm afraid the whole "take the bus into to, then line up in a bank queue for an hour" isn't really a hobby of mine.

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  18:08:27
quote:

Mainly that you can't deposit them in an Autobank (ATM). And I'm afraid the whole "take the bus into to, then line up in a bank queue for an hour" isn't really a hobby of mine.

The queues are that long?? There's never more than one or two people ahead of me at my bank. The secret: it's a local bank, not one of those mega-banks.

Can you switch to a local bank with a nearby branch, or are you out in the uttermost boonies?

/Mr Lynn

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  20:45:21
Is there any online service that takes care of such things?

Ive never gone to another currency with Paypal, so I don't know. But other than that, paypal has done wonders for me, and Ive even had the fun of retrieving funds once! (not their fault, buyer fell through) IT actually went pretty smoothly and I only lost like $0.50

Just my small increment of cash (NOT supposed to be a pun in THAT sense)

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.