Lounge
 Funny things...
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  17:36:12
1. Has anyone noticed how funny and odd a 630 looks when all its plastic casing has been removed? I didn't, until recently. I've had to take my 630's clothes off temporarily, because i've been needing to swap stuff out of it a lot lately. Anyway, yesterday i was looking at it, with my AppleVision 1710 sitting on top, and realised how odd it really looks like that....it almost looks like the stunt car of computers.

2. Last night I was setting my alarm on my clock radio, when i noticed a cockroach in my bin, which ran along the top of a dead PowerBook SCSI HD I had sitting in there. Perhaps it died because there was a bug in the system? "Buggy" software?

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  17:45:14
quote:
1. Has anyone noticed how funny and odd a 630 looks when all its plastic casing has been removed? I didn't, until recently. I've had to take my 630's clothes off temporarily, because i've been needing to swap stuff out of it a lot lately. Anyway, yesterday i was looking at it, with my AppleVision 1710 sitting on top, and realised how odd it really looks like that....it almost looks like the stunt car of computers.

Yes, I have noticed this! The first time I saw a Performa 630 naked was in a thirft store, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the heck it was!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  18:15:05
quote:

quote:

Yes, I have noticed this! The first time I saw a Performa 630 naked was in a thirft store, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the heck it was!

I keep my 6360 Bare@$$ nekkid alla' time! I prefer the way it looks in plain sheet metal and it'd be a LOT harder to fence, should someone break into the shop. I did the same thing with the 630 when it was the main plotter server too.

A bum broke into the shop and ran off with a Mac Plus because the external drive made it look more impressive than my SE with the Radius16 accelerator in it. :rolleyes: My best machine has been the nastiest lookin' one in the shop ever since! But now the 466 is the prettiest one and it has carry handles too, bleh!

I guess I could pull the plastics off that one too . . . .

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  06:20:47
Yes, funny; but ugly too. And sharp...
Heck, cockroaches diel along my window sill, it's wierd. Must be VLF electromagnetic radiation from the Ethernet/LocalTalk cabling running along there.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  06:27:45
quote:

Heck, cockroaches diel along my window sill, it's wierd. Must be VLF electromagnetic radiation from the Ethernet/LocalTalk cabling running along there.

Speaking of roaches, I came across the first one in this flat in 3 years - it was huge and black!

7 seconds on high nuked it well and truly

dana (ugh. my skin's still crawling)

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  06:29:42
quote:

1. Has anyone noticed how funny and odd a 630 looks when all its plastic casing has been removed? I didn't, until recently. I've had to take my 630's clothes off temporarily, because i've been needing to swap stuff out of it a lot lately.

It looks industrial. Spraypaint its metal all black :D.

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions

Edited by - danamania on 25 Sep 2002 06:30:29Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.