Steven Jobs ??
Author Topic  
Godfather
Starting Member

Israel
23 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  17:22:39
Aloha,

What are the chances that good old steve is writing here ? or maybe WOZ ? ha ?

Next time somebody says : ''Believe me, I know why Apple did this or that '', think about it...

The Godfather.

------------------------------------------------

Quadra 630,Quadra 605, IIsi, Performa 400.

Need I say more ?

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  17:28:42
quote:
...What are the chances that good old steve is writing here?

Damn, you found me out! And I thought my cover was perfect... oh well, back to smashing Newtons and 20th Aniv. Macs with hammers!
Wheeeee!
Steve Jobs, esquire

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  21:11:24
Ha!

I used to be a regular on O'Grady's powerlist a few years back, and Woz was (tee hee) a fairly consistent poster over there.

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02Go to Top of Page

Kyusaku Natsume
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts
Posted - 30 Sep 2002 :  23:59:52
Fall issue of INvention and Technology came today, and guess who is interviewd in it...Woz! He's still around, helping with computer classrooms in San Diego it seems.

You know, I bet if Jobs did the marketing and exterior design of Macs and let Woz head up the work on all the internal stuff, Apple would have crushed the Wintel empire into a tiny market share long ago.

Otaku-in-training; Specialties in Anime, Macs, Storms
Liberated Macs: 5 In progress: 11Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 08 Oct 2002 :  14:45:26
Methinks there would be a higher chance of Woz posting here instead of Jobs. Woz, IMHO, is more of a community kinda guy, if you know what i mean, whereas Jobs is more of a celebrity sorta guy amongst Mac users. Just a thought....

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 08 Oct 2002 :  14:51:24
quote:

Jobs is more of a celebrity sorta guy amongst Mac users.

Well i don't know about that he's just a guy that anounces new hardware.

-Danny
Forum: http://www24.brinkster.com/catsdorule1/
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 08 Oct 2002 :  15:55:56
What has been said 'bout Woz being a nice, 'down-to-earth' type is dead-on true. I was lucky enough to meet him in a BART station a few years back, in Berkley, CA.
My mom and I were street musicians at the time, and we were playing underground that day. I noticed a fellow standing, listening to our music for a while, and then he came over and put a $20 in our box. Of course, I said a big 'thanks!', and we started chatting... the whole time, I was killing myself, trying to place where I knew him from! Finally, we were wrapping up our conversation, and we shook hands. I told him my name, and then he said "I'm Steve, good to meet you!", and that's when it hit me- this was the Almighty Woz! I told him that I'm a huge fan of his work and style, and he gave me a huge smile and said thanks, and then he wandered off.
Quite a day! I only wish my dad had let me keep that $20 bill... sigh.
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  01:45:12
quote:

What has been said 'bout Woz being a nice, 'down-to-earth' type is dead-on true. I was lucky enough to meet him in a BART station a few years back, in Berkley, CA.
My mom and I were street musicians at the time, and we were playing underground that day. I noticed a fellow standing, listening to our music for a while, and then he came over and put a $20 in our box. Of course, I said a big 'thanks!', and we started chatting... the whole time, I was killing myself, trying to place where I knew him from! Finally, we were wrapping up our conversation, and we shook hands. I told him my name, and then he said "I'm Steve, good to meet you!", and that's when it hit me- this was the Almighty Woz! I told him that I'm a huge fan of his work and style, and he gave me a huge smile and said thanks, and then he wandered off.
SpaceBoy

Sucks you never got to keep the $20 bill, but oh well, you still met him! Pretty damn cool, i must say. :)

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Kyusaku Natsume
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  12:12:25
quote:

SpaceBoy

I'd *give* a $20 bill to meet Woz. I'd give 100 of them if he could live next door to me.

Otaku-in-training; Specialties in Anime, Macs, Storms
Liberated Macs: 5 In progress: 11Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 12 Oct 2002 :  22:28:04
Although I have not seen any evidence of this, my money would be on Woz showing up here. As stated before he is very down to earth. His life is about teaching now and putting tools into children's hands to learn. I have had some correspondance with him on his website years ago on the history of Apple. He is a very thoughtful person. He is the kind of guy who treats you like he has known you all his life. I still keep an Apple II around in honor of his ethics.

Go to Top of Page

markymark

223 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  23:38:10

From what I can see none of the links at woz's site point to the 68k MLA site but they do have a link for chi chi's mothership.

Go to Top of Page

markymark

223 Posts
Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  23:41:53

Maybe someone should send the 68K MLA site to Al

http://www.woz.org/maclinks/index.html

Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  14:05:20
I emailed webmaster@woz.com, but I don't know if it went through, does anyone know where Woz's Fan mail addy is?
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
Guardian of Obsolete Equipment
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple // series rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

chi-chi
Starting Member

18 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  12:59:40
Yep...I'm honored have my site listed on Woz.org - especially the "five W" rating! I don't know how or why they listed The Mothership, it just appeared there one day about three years ago - I didn't request it.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  13:40:41
quote:

Yep...I'm honored have my site listed on Woz.org - especially the "five W" rating! I don't know how or why they listed The Mothership, it just appeared there one day about three years ago - I didn't request it.

I'll bet the woz stumbled across it or it was brought to his attention. You deserve that rating, it's a great site,

I was thinking about contacting you about your advert/pamphlet collection and never got around to it. Haven't seen your by-line around here recently so it's nice to get a reminder.

Do you have any pictures of the earliest 128k prototypes with the 5.25" Twiggy Drive? There are a couple posted, but I thought that you may have overlooked a few that never made it onto your site. If you have any higher quality scans of the details from the NewsWeek spread I'd love to see them. Check out the details in the Twiggy drive in Mac prototype (retitled thread)
over in the CC forum on fritter.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

chi-chi
Starting Member

18 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  14:16:45
Thanks for the compliment! I see that The Mothership was linked in that Applefritter thread. Those Newsweek scans are all that I have. I do have tons of pics of all things Apple (No more pics of the 5.25" 128k)- but I don't really know how to shoehorn them into an Advertising and Brochure Gallery and have it make sense. I am already stretching it including pics of software tapes and manual covers.

Go to Top of Page

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  18:57:25
woa..."aloha'
you from hawaii too?
tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)Go to Top of Page

Godfather
Starting Member

Israel
23 Posts
Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  07:57:14
No, not from Hawaii....actually from Israel...it's on the other side of the ocean

Aloha is cool like Shalom....

By the way, I saw you had an Apple IIc....what can be done with this computer these days ?

------------------------------------------------

Quadra 630,Quadra 605, IIsi, Performa 400.

Need I say more ?Go to Top of Page

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  20:22:25
arrrrrr....
well, im sure others know what to do with apple II's...you can get all the old software, and make them as useful as they were back when they first came out...which, was pretty darned useful. databases come to mind...other stuff, im sure ppl can name...i killed mine before i knew the use of older macs
tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.